Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Well I rode a Vulcan today.... (Read 151 times)
Mortation

Well I rode a Vulcan today....
04/12/09 at 21:09:16

So we had Easter at the in-laws today.  My mother-in-laws parents moved up into their in-law apartment from Florida and her Father brought the 07 or 08 Vulcan 500 he bought and has never ridden.  Seriously lol.  It has 80 original miles on it as he bought it "used" Tongue

I was surprised that being a 500 it seemed larger than my LS650.  I hated the way the motor sounded, WAY to quiet for my taste.  Well I took it out for a ride and it rides REAL smooth and it was a very comfortable fit.  I did not feel nearly as cramped as I do on my LS650 nor like I am being constantly slid into the gas tank.

The bike has a much larger gas and speedo too.  Makes me wonder how sweet a larger vulcan with the V-twin would be Smiley  To bad I couldnt afford one to find out lol.

I think I am going to look into modding a Vulcan tank to fit the LS650.  Anyone know if the Vulcan speedo would still work?

1988 LS650 - Candy Apple Red w/ Ghost Flames, Harley muffler, S40 seat, white spacer Mod, #55 pilot, #155 main.
  IP Logged
jd06s40

live to ride

marion ohio
Re: Well I rode a Vulcan today....
Reply #1 - 04/13/09 at 04:29:07

i have a 03 vulcan 800 and it is night and day compared to my s40. the 800 is more comfortable and smoother but also alot bigger bike.both are fun to ride but also serve different purposes.dont know if speedo would work but the tank would require alot of work to mount on a ls.it bolts on with 2 bolts one under speedo and the other under the seat almost like the s40

06 s40 se muffler,152.5 mainjet,55pilot,whitespacer mod,suzuki windscreen,gel seat,sissybar more to come
  IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Reply #2 - 04/13/09 at 05:15:11

I have a Vulcan 900 and it is a very nice ride.  Feels MUCH larger than the Savage.  Much bigger tank (5.3 gals) and is stretched out making for a great ride on the super slab.  Lots of power 50+ horses and good fuel economy...50 mpg.

I got it because the wifey and I like to 2-up and the Savage is brutal in that regard. Sad

Because I can!
  IP Logged
seviersavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Smoky Mountains Tennessee
Reply #3 - 04/13/09 at 08:18:48

Mortation,
Don't have a clue about the speedo but I'm in process of putting a vulcan 750 tank on. I'm reusing my speedo and relocating it to the handlebars. Put it in a sun tach pinch cup, chrome cup black mounting bracket also put my turn signal indicators on handlebars. Best part is the vulcan had a fuel gauge, bought a used one and put it in a chrome harley turn signal cup. It's a no turning back afair, to fit the vn tank, I have to cut off the mounts for my stock tank and weld on new ones under the tank on the frame. It's 3.7 gallons.

There is a lot of steps to it but It shouldn't be too hard.
Seviersavage

IP Logged
Mortation

Reply #4 - 04/13/09 at 08:23:30

seviersavage wrote on 04/13/09 at 08:18:48:
Mortation,
Don't have a clue about the speedo but I'm in process of putting a vulcan 750 tank on. I'm reusing my speedo and relocating it to the handlebars. Put it in a sun tach pinch cup, chrome cup black mounting bracket also put my turn signal indicators on handlebars. Best part is the vulcan had a fuel gauge, bought a used one and put it in a chrome harley turn signal cup. It's a no turning back afair, to fit the vn tank, I have to cut off the mounts for my stock tank and weld on new ones under the tank on the frame. It's 3.7 gallons.

There is a lot of steps to it but It shouldn't be too hard.
Seviersavage

Post some pics when you get a chance please I would like to check it out.  The VN750 tank I think is different than the newer VN500 tanks.  The tank on the vulcan I rode looked a lot like the savage tank only wider and deeper.  It has the two C cups under the tank to hold it to the frame (via the stems) and a bolt tab on the back that would need to be modded.  

1988 LS650 - Candy Apple Red w/ Ghost Flames, Harley muffler, S40 seat, white spacer Mod, #55 pilot, #155 main.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 06:17:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Well I rode a Vulcan today....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.