Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
please help, i need of gas in oil fix. (Read 139 times)
loraslb50
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

please help, i need of gas in oil fix.
04/10/09 at 20:52:25

here is my problem. I have an 05 s40, the petcock started leaking out of the primer hose right into the cylinder. Well that cleared the wall of the cylinder so their is very little sealing and compression cannot take place for the bike to fire. I have cleaned the carb and it is in tip top shape, i have changed the spark plug, and made sure their was spark. All i get from the bike is a little bit of stuttering if i put a very small amount of oil down the plug hole. how do i flush the gas out of the oil.

IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Re: please help, i need of gas in oil fix.
Reply #1 - 04/10/09 at 21:30:03

Drain the Oil and change the filter.

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 04/10/09 at 22:16:31

loraslb50 wrote on 04/10/09 at 20:52:25:
here is my problem. I have an 05 s40, the petcock started leaking out of the primer hose right into the cylinder. Well that cleared the wall of the cylinder so their is very little sealing and compression cannot take place for the bike to fire. I have cleaned the carb and it is in tip top shape, i have changed the spark plug, and made sure their was spark. All i get from the bike is a little bit of stuttering if i put a very small amount of oil down the plug hole. how do i flush the gas out of the oil.

And you got rid of that petcock right?

WWW   IP Logged
loraslb50
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 04/11/09 at 07:50:33

what i did was sealed off the primer tube, put an on off inline (for now) and i am keeping the petcock on primer because it has a steady flow of gas and their is no need for the vacuum. So i figure with a full flow of gas, The bike has spark that this is a compression issue. So i am going to try to change the oil and filter today and try it out.

IP Logged
loraslb50
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 04/11/09 at 10:53:41

again to no avail. God what am i doing wrong. My carb is not leaking gas into the fuel box or out the vac hoses. the bike has spark, oil has been changed like 3 times after the the gas getting into the oil. What can i do to get this thing running. It seems that when i give it some gas when its not started, and i cover the intake on the carb the bike starts up and runs for a second then it bogs out and dies. help.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 04/11/09 at 12:26:10

So by 'giving it some gas' you mean you're twisting the throttle?
and 'covering the intake' with your hand you're 'choking it' to get it to start?
(just trying to clearify what you are saying)

sounds like a fuel delivery problem.
Do you have the choke knob pulled out?
Twisting the throttle may not be the thing to do.  Try it with out twisting.  Choke knob pulled all the way out.
Also, when the battery is weak, it will turn over fine, but may not start.
Are you new to this bike or have you been running it for some time?

WWW   IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #6 - 04/11/09 at 15:10:17

That gas won't really destroy the cylinder wall.  The bike would flood and stop running long before the thinned oil woul do damage.  

On flooded engines , (and a bad petcock can make for the extreme flooding condition... ) the fastest way to dry out the cylinder is to take the sparkplug out and then hit the starter for a bit to turn over the engine and bolw the air out of the cylinder and to get fresh air back in.    

NOTE: make sure it clean around the plug before taking it out.  You really really don't want to get the crud down in the cylinger.

A slightly faster and extremely dangerous way is to hold  lit cigarette lighter in the plug area while turning the engine over.   Did this on a flooded mini-bike..... once    ...  I think the hair is finally growing back on my fingers.....

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 04/11/09 at 18:13:20

If gas has leaked into the carb & flooded that & made its way into the culinder, it will go down past the rings & mix with the oil in the crankcase & yes, it can ruin your engine. Dont run it till youve changed the oil if iot flooded while it was parked. An oil change is cheap.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #8 - 04/11/09 at 18:30:49

T Mack 1 - FSO wrote on 04/11/09 at 15:10:17:
A slightly faster and extremely dangerous way is to hold  lit cigarette lighter in the plug area while turning the engine over.   Did this on a flooded mini-bike..... once    ...  I think the hair is finally growing back on my fingers.....

LMAO picturing that!

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #9 - 04/11/09 at 18:38:39

diamond jim wrote on 04/11/09 at 18:30:49:
T Mack 1 - FSO wrote on 04/11/09 at 15:10:17:

LMAO picturing that!

Poof.... blue flames...  sort of kool looking.    Dried out the cylinder nicely....  The term   "don't try this at home" comes to mind...

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #10 - 04/12/09 at 17:35:58

loraslb50 wrote on 04/10/09 at 20:52:25:

What are you calling a primer hose? There are two hoses, a vacuum hose which on a stock bike is usually covered by a wire spring, and the actual fuel hose.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
loraslb50
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 04/15/09 at 08:27:14

well I figured out that the primer hose is the vac hose and that was my problem. So I have a new petcock on the way. I also drained the oil and put a new oil filter in i also put a little of 2 stroke oil down the spark plug hole and while i am waiting for my petcock i unhooked the gas to the carb. I am also planing on getting a new spark plug. Is their anything else I need to do before i start the bike.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 06:21:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › please help, i need of gas in oil fix.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.