Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Still wanna remove chrome... (Read 80 times)
doc5446

Into the night...

Randolph, Ohio
Still wanna remove chrome...
04/10/09 at 11:49:23

Suppose I wanna take off the fender rails. Could I still use  the factory turn signal directly into the fender? I'm thinking more black and less chrome.

K&N air filter, stage 1 jet set, SuperTrapp megaphone exhaust, solo seat w/ clothespin springs, stainless seatpan w/ fenderbib.1971 CB front fender and mirror.
  IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Re: Still wanna remove chrome...
Reply #1 - 04/10/09 at 11:52:31

Yup you sure can, might have to change a couple of things to get it to fully work though. You can always take them and paint them black or have them powder coated what ever color you want.

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #2 - 04/10/09 at 12:17:39

Hmmm... It's probably possible, but I'm thinking it'd be easier with a set of aftermarket signals. Just for the ease of mounting them. Aftermarkets usually have a bolt on the end of them, secure with a nut and would be easier to mount to the fender (or wherever you're going with them). The OEM ones bolt INTO the fender rails.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #3 - 04/10/09 at 12:48:57

Much easier with aftermarket turns.  I'm pretty sure you'd have to do some work to get the stock ones to work.  IIRC, they've got stems that are secured by a bolt rather than a threaded rod with securing nut.

IP Logged
Savage Eddie

Custom Bob's ROCK!

40 miles west of Chicago
Reply #4 - 04/10/09 at 17:59:51

well i wish i had a pic for this one, i made 2 small "L" shaped brackets that fit inside of the turn signal housing and bolted them right to the fender, worked like a charm. i did not re-use the rubber mounts and vibration never cracked them.  the housing sat flush with the fender....

*edit*

i had a pic but not a upclose, this was right before i removed the rear fender. i had them mounted in the back hole. you can see how much shorter they were....

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 06:28:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Still wanna remove chrome...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.