Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Advice needed......not running the greatest! (Read 345 times)
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Advice needed......not running the greatest!
Reply #15 - 04/10/09 at 23:49:29

Good luck with it. Post progress (regress?? Smiley and we all go from there together.

IP Logged
NewThumperGuy

Lets Ride!!!!

Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Reply #16 - 04/11/09 at 09:08:48

Curious should I have the washer between the spring and the clip as shown in the carb specs pic (#7)???

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1098869040

Certain way for plate to go back in? small overlap of holes in plate with two little openings?

97 LS650 T
  IP Logged
NewThumperGuy

Lets Ride!!!!

Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Reply #17 - 04/12/09 at 06:38:38

Anyone? Just want to be sure before I reinstall.

I can see I will be having an interesting time finding the replacement bolts I need for the savage. Having to search stores for a couple bolts? Ridiculous! How hard is it to keep a few in stock for the odd customer in need???

97 LS650 T
  IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Reply #18 - 04/12/09 at 07:45:51

NewThumperGuy wrote on 04/11/09 at 09:08:48:
Curious should I have the washer between the spring and the clip as shown in the carb specs pic (#7)???

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1098869040

Certain way for plate to go back in? small overlap of holes in plate with two little openings?

The washer needs to be there, so the ends of the spring don't get tangled in the clip. The little round plate has a dimple that needs to be facing DOWN. Be sure not to touch the slide with your fingers, as it will make it stick later on. Pay attention to the little ear on the membrane. Make sure it gets in the notch on top of the carb when you reassemble.

IP Logged
dr1445

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 04/12/09 at 08:26:41

anyone ever try a bigger air jet with the 55 pilot jet. it looks like the only way to get a bigger air jet is to drill out a stock air jet. is that feasible?

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #20 - 04/12/09 at 08:28:36

What exactly is the purpose of the nipple? I'm thinking that the little holes in the plate are for air movement/vacuum for the slide and that the nipple is there to ensure a gap should the spacer spacer be completely removed.  But honestly I don't really know.  

IP Logged
NewThumperGuy

Lets Ride!!!!

Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Reply #21 - 04/12/09 at 08:38:00

Thx ralfyguy, good thing I asked cause I think I put my dimple facing up. As for the washer, I just had not seen it in a couple pics so wanted to be sure not an error.
I plan to wipe down the slide with some carb cleaner before reinstalling to ensure no sticking.
Got the ear covered too.

Thx again. Much appreciated.

97 LS650 T
  IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #22 - 04/12/09 at 09:05:56

Don't wipe the plastic slide with carb cleaner though.  That might scuff it up a little and invite friction then sticking.  I don't know if it helps or not but I put treadmill lubricating silicone on the plastic part and wiped it off.  That made it super slick.  It''s the stuff that goes between the rubber belt and the plastic support housing.  I also coated the inside where the slide moves and wiped it off as well.  I first tested it by putting some of the liquid silicone on some other similar plastic, doused it with gas, let it sit then checked for any gumming or problems.  None were found and it remained super slick. Again, don't know if it helps or not.  

IP Logged
NewThumperGuy

Lets Ride!!!!

Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Reply #23 - 04/17/09 at 16:55:02

diamond jim wrote on 04/12/09 at 09:05:56:
Don't wipe the plastic slide with carb cleaner though.  That might scuff it up a little and invite friction then sticking.  I don't know if it helps or not but I put treadmill lubricating silicone on the plastic part and wiped it off.  That made it super slick.  It''s the stuff that goes between the rubber belt and the plastic support housing.  I also coated the inside where the slide moves and wiped it off as well.  I first tested it by putting some of the liquid silicone on some other similar plastic, doused it with gas, let it sit then checked for any gumming or problems.  None were found and it remained super slick. Again, don't know if it helps or not.  

All your advice helps Jim.

Well added the two washers to the needle and swapped the 152.5 for the 150 main jet. Mixture screw out all the way and back 1/2 turn.
I have a stable idle and initial throttle reponse seems great. I have yet to take her out for a good test yet but hoping my ruff running problems are solved.
I did get thinking as to why I swapped to the 150 main since when the 152.5 was in there it screamed at 3/4 - full throttle and there was a huge speed gain??  Huh
Guess we'll know the differences soon enough!  Wink

97 LS650 T
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 00:39:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Advice needed......not running the greatest!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.