Send Topic Print
Trike it! (Read 128 times)
Chopped

Hurts Like hell when
you shoot yourself!

Stafford, VA
Trike it!
04/05/09 at 14:55:54

ok... I know this has been talked about before, but I can't find the thread. I am looking at gettin another bike... (MAKE AND MODEL TO BE ANNOUNCED LATER) and want to trike it. What would be the easiest way to do that?

I heard you can take a 4 wheeler rear end and chop cut reweld, but I wouldn't want to take that up to highway speeds, you know!

Any ideas?

"You are the choices you make in life..... I choose to Play Hard.... Ride Hard.... or Die Hard!"
Chopped BullChopped   IP Logged
aliassmith

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Trike it!
Reply #1 - 04/06/09 at 11:34:37

Most 4 wheeler rear ends have no differential action and therefore would be difficult to steer on pavement. If you can lay your hand on an old Harley servicar rear end, it is already chain drive and has brake drums on it. There are probably aftermarket rear ends out there to be found on the internet.

IP Logged
Chopped

Hurts Like hell when
you shoot yourself!

Stafford, VA
Re: Trike it!
Reply #2 - 04/06/09 at 13:17:22

what about taking an old trailer rear end that has brakes on it and shortening it? would that work, or I could just get one and rig it up myself with brakes and a sprocket

"You are the choices you make in life..... I choose to Play Hard.... Ride Hard.... or Die Hard!"
Chopped BullChopped   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 06:26:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Trike it!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.