Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
WTH?? No Res from Pri?  + Carb ? (Read 86 times)
Mortation

WTH?? No Res from Pri?  + Carb ?
04/02/09 at 05:39:26

So I ran out of gas this morning.  Riding down the road then put put; no biggie I think, swap to res and no joy.  Pull over, bone dry.  No gas.  Running on PRi means Res doesnt work???

As for the carb question I turned my mixture screw in last night.  Running rich and I decided to cut it down a little (this is after a rejet btw).  I was able to screw the mixture screw all the way in without the bike running.  Even over jetted should it be able to do that?  Shouldnt it stall out?

1988 LS650 - Candy Apple Red w/ Ghost Flames, Harley muffler, S40 seat, white spacer Mod, #55 pilot, #155 main.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: WTH?? No Res from Pri?  + Carb ?
Reply #1 - 04/02/09 at 05:59:30

Daaang, Mort,, thats been talked about so much. Sorry , man, I had no idea you didnt know about that. Pri,, IS,,,,Reserve, w/o the diaphragm included in the equation.If ya run her out O gas on Prime, yep,, its out O gas.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Mortation

Reply #2 - 04/02/09 at 06:01:59

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/02/09 at 05:59:30:
Daaang, Mort,, thats been talked about so much. Sorry , man, I had no idea you didnt know about that. Pri,, IS,,,,Reserve, w/o the diaphragm included in the equation.If ya run her out O gas on Prime, yep,, its out O gas.

lol.  Nope I must have missed that thread Tongue  Lucky for me the guy that works at the company next door rides and he stopped by as I was pushing the bike Tongue

1988 LS650 - Candy Apple Red w/ Ghost Flames, Harley muffler, S40 seat, white spacer Mod, #55 pilot, #155 main.
  IP Logged
savagedml

Paid Alliance
Membership (07/09)

Portsmouth, VA
Reply #3 - 04/02/09 at 06:19:44

You're not alone Mort. When I first bought my bike, and prior to discovering this site, I thought PRI meant Primary tank and henceforth watched my bike sputter out in a parking space at the 7-11, right in front of about six admiring fellow riders, including an HD riding Chief of Police and 4 of his underlings. EMBARRASSING! Embarrassed. Fortunately, one of the cops was in his unmarked cage and took me to get some gas. FUEL: 2.2 gallons---RESERVE: .6 gallons.....---PRIME: 5 second carb fill-up. Live & Learn....Learned that one the hard way! Wink

Paid Alliance Membership (07/09)
"Let's roll!"
WWW funluvncareertech   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 04/02/09 at 08:53:11

Do you have an owners manual?  Suggest you read it.

Otherwise, there's a link to on-line somewhere.

WWW   IP Logged
Mortation

Reply #5 - 04/02/09 at 08:56:11

verslagen1 wrote on 04/02/09 at 08:53:11:
Do you have an owners manual?  Suggest you read it.

Otherwise, there's a link to on-line somewhere.

No my bike didnt come with an owners manual I will look around for the on-line version thanks.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 04/02/09 at 09:04:35

WWW   IP Logged
Mortation

Reply #7 - 04/02/09 at 09:08:38

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 04:24:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › WTH?? No Res from Pri?  + Carb ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.