Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Raptor Petcock Reviews (Read 127 times)
Mortation

Raptor Petcock Reviews
03/31/09 at 06:54:54

I was wondering how everyone who switched to the Raptor petcock likes them.  I may need a new petcock and think I may want to go the raptor route.  

I dont mind manually switching between off and on.  It would be nice to eliminate one bore thing that can go wrong (vac lines) and if it is smaller (as I read in another post) making it easier to take the tank off it will  be worth its weight in gold!

The gas tank on these bikes must have been a practical joke.  PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWERS! itty bitty fuel tank.  lol.

1988 LS650 - Candy Apple Red w/ Ghost Flames, Harley muffler, S40 seat, white spacer Mod, #55 pilot, #155 main.
  IP Logged
Moofed
Alliance Member

...and the engine
just gleams...

Bloomington, Indiana
Re: Raptor Petcock Reviews
Reply #1 - 03/31/09 at 07:35:11

It's just like you said.  Removes an inevitable failure point and simplifies removing the tank.   Smiley

WWW Moofed MoofedOne   IP Logged
seviersavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Smoky Mountains Tennessee
Reply #2 - 03/31/09 at 08:14:20

Yeah I like mine, simple and foolproof. The pickup for reserve is shorter meaning you'll have less once you hit it but no biggie.
I'm switching over to a vn 750 tank and guess what, the raptor fits it also. I just must be livin right. Cheesy
Seviersavage

IP Logged
Mortation

Reply #3 - 03/31/09 at 08:46:29

seviersavage wrote on 03/31/09 at 08:14:20:
Yeah I like mine, simple and foolproof. The pickup for reserve is shorter meaning you'll have less once you hit it but no biggie.
I'm switching over to a vn 750 tank and guess what, the raptor fits it also. I just must be livin right. Cheesy
Seviersavage

Does anyone have a part number for the carb vacuum port plug?  I heard some people grabbed them from auto zone.

How are you making out with the VN tank?  I was thinking about using one of those myself.  Does the speedo fit?

1988 LS650 - Candy Apple Red w/ Ghost Flames, Harley muffler, S40 seat, white spacer Mod, #55 pilot, #155 main.
  IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #4 - 03/31/09 at 09:00:05

When you get it done, I would love to see pics of the VN750 tank on the Savage.

IP Logged
hshift
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 03/31/09 at 12:48:20

+1 on the Raptor petcock. I was having the infamous engine cut-out at highway speeds. The engine would just die, usually after going up an incline on the interstate, 60-65 mph. I changed the fuel and vac lines, which did not help, then bought the Raptor petcock at the Honda dealer, and three weeks now and NO problems.  I did forget to turn the petcock on once, so now I know how far I can go on a float bowl of gas.  I got the vac line caps at Advance Auto parts, I think they were 1/4 inch, slightly loose at that size, so I hose clamped it.

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #6 - 03/31/09 at 12:57:22

My petcock was leaking through the vacuum line.  The raptor was alot cheaper than a savage one and that was why I got it.  It went on easy enough and I have not had any trouble with it.  I also have an inline filter, some car thing I got at WalMart, so I probably got farther than hshift.  I think it is smaller and does make taking the tank off a little easier, but that might be because I had done it a couple of times.  An easy fix for my problem.

There are a couple of threads about changing them.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
seviersavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Smoky Mountains Tennessee
Reply #7 - 03/31/09 at 13:32:20

How are you making out with the VN tank?  I was thinking about using one of those myself.  Does the speedo fit?

The speedo doesn't go in the vn tank like the stock one. I'm relocating mine to the handlebars. Had to buy a longer cable and a housing for the speedo. I bought a sun tachometer pinch cup to house the speedo, all chrome and slightly adjustable. Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll get it changed over.
Seviersavage

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 11:11:39

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Raptor Petcock Reviews

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.