Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Air Filter Test Results, (New Link) (Read 584 times)
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: Air Filter Test Results, (New Link)
Reply #30 - 04/01/09 at 19:45:40

All motorcycles are jetted to lean Even Harleys,All you have to do is put richer jets in and you have a good running motorcycle,All the other stuff is a waste of time and money,Any power you gain at the high in you lose at the low in,and mpg,So do what you like.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #31 - 04/01/09 at 19:51:03

All of you guys are fun as hell to debate with but some of you have gotta loosen up a little.  It's like Kid Rock vs. the Enzyte guy.  

I can't believe you didn't find my last post on page 2 hilarious.  I was rolling when I read it through.  

IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 04/01/09 at 20:56:54

Well, I don't think our members of oriental ancestry (and we have at least one that I know of) would think your making fun of Japanese people trying to speak English as "hilarious".  I believe this site is above that sort of behavior, and indeed if it wasn't for the genius of the Japanese, none of us would be riding on such a fine motorcycle as the Savage.

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #33 - 04/01/09 at 23:16:34

You should hear me speak Japanese.  Now that's hilarious.  It's been so long.  But I apologize to those of oriental ancestry.  Tomorrow I'll call mom and apologize to her.  But, hey, I can call Oba now.  It should be about 6 in the evening there.  Then my cousins, whose names I used in the stories- I'll tell them too.   But Misaki will have to pass the message on for me.  I haven't spoken with the others in maybe 5 years.  I've no clue how to get a hold of them.  Mom said Shin was playing baseball.  But I promise I will tell them.  It just may take a little while.  Misaki, or Misa (Mee-sah) as I've called her for as long as I can remember, is a total hoot.  She's also turned into quite a hottie.  Too bad she's family!  I still remember her laughing at me the last time she visited.  I called the traffic in my town "rush hour traffic".  She said I had no clue what rush hour traffic is like.  Yep, us military brats get to see quite a bit of the world.  Then as soldiers we get to see more of it.  

It's cool, bud.  I'm not offended.  But I think I'll let you have the rest of your thread to yourself.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #34 - 04/02/09 at 06:37:43

Pretty good stuff the Asahi Premium, still order it now and then but it brings literal flash backs - spent several weeks in the Seafort hotel - on check in - I says sure I'd like a view of the harbor and bay from the 20th something floor. I believe the 50ft wide Asahi neon sign does not stop blinking until sometime after midnight.....

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #35 - 04/03/09 at 02:35:55

Personally, I think the bike was designed as a conservative compression large single cylinder price beater competitor to the aging Honda 350.  Suzuki wanted something to sell on the low end to fill that market slot that didn't cost a lot of yen to make.

The same molds and dies have cast and stamped a lot of parts over the years for Suzuki.   It has always ridden the lowest price point in the Suzuki lineup of street bikes.  The Honda 350 is dust now, and the Savage rolls on.   I'd say it was a successful marketing/engineering effort.

We like it because we play with it to amuse ourselves.  Some make it noiser, some make it more powerful, some try to make it cheaper and easier to own.

It does make a pretty elegant little bobber.  It also makes the world's primo get around town go pick it up "wee bagger".  There are many bikes that can do "more" than the Savage can, but absolutely nothing that can do these two jobs better

==================

Now, when the 3 little nip engineers were in their engineer's cubby castle screwing off if their boss had banged the door open and roared out at them .....

"You Assho!  You treee worthless salary men not leave office until you figure out how to meet new EU graduated license power requirements and new American emission control limits!  

(he hits them with his little riding crop repeatedly until they cower submissively over their drafting boards)

You stay until your worthless peckers fall off or you come up with truuuly Yoda cheap solution, you treee worthless dogs!!"

Grin   I mean, if you are going to be culturally insensitive, don't muck about when you do it     Wink

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #36 - 04/03/09 at 03:18:36

PS.   The Yoda cheap solution they came up with was the smaller pilot and main jet and a stock bolt style thrust washer installed in the intake manifold.  Total cost added was .27 yen per bike with only three part numbers added to the BOM.   It took them all of an hour to modify the design drawings and type in the changes to the Bill of Materials.

They actually got to leave that Friday on time.

=====================

We just hope that there is going to be a good cheap small fuel injection system that the treee truuly worthless dogs can adapt when boss man comes roaring back in later this year.

(it came out this past year on the 450 dirt bike as a matter of fact)

We hope that it can be easily adapted to fit the Savage so the Savage can continue to roll on roll on in 2011.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 12:27:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Air Filter Test Results, (New Link)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.