Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
s40 with ISO grips installed (pics) (Read 258 times)
slowfaller

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Near Chicago, IL
s40 with ISO grips installed (pics)
03/26/09 at 06:43:58

As promised, a while back, are pics of my 06 s40 w/ ISO grips installed.  

I also have a question.  I'm selling this bike (06 stock except grips w/ 5080 mi) and listed it for $3300 OBO.  What do you think is the lowest I should go?  I'm thinking $2800, what are your thoughts?

Chris

IP Logged
Big Nix

Screw dieing of
natural causes.

Atlanta, GA
Re: s40 with ISO grips installed (pics)
Reply #1 - 03/26/09 at 06:50:52

well off of Kelly's Blue Book in excellent condition it is worth $3145 but you don't have that many miles on so I'd say that would be about the lowest I'd go.  Depends on how bad you need to get rid of it.

Oh yah and here's the link just in case you don't believe me
http://www.kbb.com/motorcycle/retail/2006/suzuki/s40/79454

Courage is being scared, but still sadeling up and riding out.
Big Nix   IP Logged
slowfaller

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Near Chicago, IL
Reply #2 - 03/26/09 at 06:52:34

Ah thank you sir.  I'm not in a huge hurry to sell it but the money I receive is going towards my new bike so more=better.  I'm not looking to rip anyone off though you know...

Thanks again,
Chris

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #3 - 03/26/09 at 06:57:13

Grips look great.  Does the windshield go with it?  I'd say maybe $2900 as a low and drop to $2800 to motivate a potential buyer if needed.  I was told by a buddy biker this week that he saw in my town a completely stock red '08 with 7K miles asking $2800.  I think that's a little low but maybe he needs to get rid of it quick.  

You know, this is the first time in forever that I've had this many riding buddies in my area that bought a new bike between last summer through this winter and are trying to sell their other bike.  I guess when the economy was still decent and gas prices were still high a lot of people made the jump.  The result is a flood of decent, less than 5 year old used bikes on the market.  I don't know if it's the same up in your area.  

As for selling, I'd find out what they may be looking for and have pics of some modded bikes available to show a potential buyer as appropriate.  What I mean is if you've got a 18-25 year-old guy that drives up in a modded rice burner with an angry bee exhaust who's looking for a bargain, show him some bobber pics.  It would likely entice him.  However, if it's an adult woman or older man, maybe show him some pics of a stock bike with bags and shield parked on a mountain overlook.  You're kind of selling the potential of the bike as well.  Just my opinion.  

IP Logged
slowfaller

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Near Chicago, IL
Reply #4 - 03/26/09 at 07:11:10

Yeah the windshield,  a DIEHARD battery maintainer and a FF Z1R helmet (my head is not shaped for this helmet so I bought another one)

By the way those are the rear indicators you sold me, they work perfectly!

I just spoke w/ a guy that's coming to look at it tomorrow.  Sweet.

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #5 - 03/26/09 at 10:54:31

Awesome!!!

IP Logged
slowfaller

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Near Chicago, IL
Reply #6 - 03/29/09 at 10:04:58

Gott dam

People are trying to lowball me hardcore, just had a guy look at my bike and offer $2000 and wouldn't go above $2200.  I went down to $2500 and he wasn't having it.  Am I crazy?  Nobody wants to pay and I'm sick of hearing how they can get it at the dealership, do it then jerkoff

/rant

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #7 - 03/29/09 at 10:17:44

Selling sucks.  Don't take his comments too seriously.  If he really could have gotten a great deal at the dealership, really had the money to buy and really wanted an LS650, then he wouldn't be stopping by to check out your bike.  He'd be cruising past on his new bike.  

Don't forget that MSRP has gone up this year from $4399 to $4899.  So you're asking for a little over half the cost of a new one.  

IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #8 - 03/29/09 at 15:04:55

As soon as the sun is out and the air is filled with the sound of bikes, people will start looking to buy.  I think you are just a teeeeeny bit early in the season to be selling.  Don't let the first tightwad to come along discourage you.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #9 - 03/29/09 at 15:47:06

I suggest you search Ebay and watch some to see what they go for.  If you don't have an ebay account you can still search and still watch some , but, I think's it's only ten items can be watched.

hmmmm lets see if this works.....  let me know..... Huh

Click here for the search....  Highest priced item first.....
Suzuki LS650, or S40 or Savage Search.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
savagedml

Paid Alliance
Membership (07/09)

Portsmouth, VA
Reply #10 - 03/29/09 at 22:04:03

Hang in there slowfaller. Your bike looks well worth $2800. In November, I paid $2500 for my '03 (at the HD Stealership). Two weeks ago I bought the saleslady's personal '96 for $400 (it needed a battery & muffler- she needed a new mattress). So what it's worth is what you're willing to let it go for. Right now, I would't be in hurry to let it go for a nickel less than 2800.

Paid Alliance Membership (07/09)
"Let's roll!"
WWW funluvncareertech   IP Logged
Tincanman
Serious Thumper

O~`o

Omaha, NE
Reply #11 - 03/30/09 at 05:00:41

they are a bit off work but I got mine & my sons on!! love the chit out of them!!

Smiley

Are we gona ride? or just dic around all day?
  IP Logged
slowfaller

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Near Chicago, IL
Reply #12 - 03/30/09 at 07:31:02

Thanks for the replies, I just gotta be a little more assertive w/ these folks.  I searched cycletrader.com and there isn't a s40 listed for 100 miles from my zipcode.  

It also didn't help that it just snowed Saturday night Angry

IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #13 - 03/30/09 at 07:33:20

You have to wait until a little warmer weather. Right now ppl are just wanting a deal, which is understandable. I got my 2005 with 1600 miles on it for 2500. It was 2nd owner so I am the 3rd. I got it in winter time.

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
Rustbucket

Reply #14 - 03/31/09 at 07:37:58

Last spring i paid $3200. for my 05 as shown in my sig links. You'll get your price when it warms up but everyone knows they sell cheaper when it's still cold out. Hang in there my man..
Good looking grips btw!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 07:29:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › s40 with ISO grips installed (pics)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.