Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
s40 with ISO grips installed (pics) (Read 258 times)
pgman

Central Florida
Re: s40 with ISO grips installed (pics)
Reply #15 - 04/01/09 at 04:58:26

I've been away for a while, but I saw this thread and wanted to encourage you.  The riding weather is never truly that bad where I live (FL) but when the weather breaks, people still go bike shopping here more than any other time of the year.  If gasoline prices continue to go up, so will the value of that bike.

Last summer, we sold my wifes 2003 LS650 (with a little over 6500 miles, if I remember correctly) for $2000.00.  The battery was starting to go bad, but it had iso grips, windshield, floorboards and a stebel nautalis air horn installed.  It was my wife's first bike and she dropped it a couple of times, so it wasn't perfect.  No major body damage, but one of the side covers was bent and the rear turn signals and control levers had their share of scuffs on them.

That was about the best price we could get at that time, and we felt like it was fair, considering the condition, age and mileage of the bike.  We probably could have done better if we'd been selling earlier in the year, but that's how it went down.  The important part of my story is that I had the bike up for sale for about three months before I got an offer above $1800 - I just couldn't let it go for that.  Patience earned us the extra $200.  Smiley

Good luck.

Hers: 2003 Shadow VT750DC
His: 2008 Star XVS1100 Custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 07:27:51

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › s40 with ISO grips installed (pics)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.