Send Topic Print
Quick Petcock questin (Read 71 times)
David M Smith
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Quick Petcock questin
03/21/09 at 19:45:45

I have an 87 Savage and i had my tank painted recently. I also took off the petcock and then used KBS coatings tank sealant to recoart the inside as there was a little rust I could see and we noticed a lot of rust in the filter attached to the petcock. Anyway we popped the filer off easily and cleaned it out. Now I'm ready to put it all back together and I remembered how easy the little filter came off. My question is, does that filter just fit down in the holes left for it or do i need to use some sort of attaching glue or epoxy?  When i took it off there seemed to be a bit of crusty white stuff around it but i wasn't sure if that was from it just sitting there being old or oxidation or something or if it was remants of some adhesive that is supposed to keep it attached.
 Anyone know?

Thanks ahead! I'm ready to get back out there next week if I can get it all working smoothly again!

IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Quick Petcock questin
Reply #1 - 03/21/09 at 20:07:54

id used very tightly pulled cable ties or hose clamps. No fun having a loose filter vibrate out of the fuel hose when your going down the road. Then you have (likely) no filter and two sections of hose that are both to short to go from tank to petcock. A stupid reason to get stranded.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 03/21/09 at 22:06:21

I'm pretty sure the filter clamps between the petcock and tank when bolted up.

I'm also pretty sure ol' burny misread your post.  Grin

WWW   IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 03/22/09 at 00:52:06

i geuss i did. The filter or screen as I call it is what you're talking about? In that case I can't help you. But if you got rust buying a $3 inline filter is a good idea anyway. There...face saved.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 16:25:57

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Quick Petcock questin

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.