Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Other Peg idea (Read 126 times)
Mortation

Other Peg idea
03/19/09 at 13:26:42

I was reading another post here about someone putting some Kuryakyn pegs on their bike and I thought about it but I really dont want to spend $60 on them right now cause I ordered a bunch of other stuff already.  I am also worried they will be to thick like the stock pegs.  So I was thinking about going with these:

The rubber ones, not the V-Twin ones.  I like how cheap they are and I have had a set before for another bike and they are very narrow which I REALLY like so my foot will fit UNDER the shifter Tongue

I was going to ditch the U loop and it looks like (from the micro fiche) I can remove the peg bracket (Part 4), use a spacer, bolt, and lock washers to bolt these pegs right to the oval hole for the front peg brackets (i.e. oval hole in part 2).

This should allow for solid mounting, ability to rotate the pegs so the flat spot is in the right position for my foot, etc.  Thoughts?

1988 LS650 - Candy Apple Red w/ Ghost Flames, Harley muffler, S40 seat, white spacer Mod, #55 pilot, #155 main.
  IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Re: Other Peg idea
Reply #1 - 03/19/09 at 15:50:23

The right side would be easy to do.  The left side will be a little trickier.  They will likely be a little longer than stock.  I'm thinking that in order to mount is so it folds back correctly if they should scrape would actually put the flat part (that your foot rests on) too close to horizontal to be very usable.  Try it though.  But do make sure they are are turned enough so that if they scrape they can fold up some.  Otherwise your first peg scrape might be your last ride on that bike.  

IP Logged
Mortation

Reply #2 - 03/19/09 at 18:02:01

diamond jim wrote on 03/19/09 at 15:50:23:
The right side would be easy to do.  The left side will be a little trickier.  They will likely be a little longer than stock.  I'm thinking that in order to mount is so it folds back correctly if they should scrape would actually put the flat part (that your foot rests on) too close to horizontal to be very usable.  Try it though.  But do make sure they are are turned enough so that if they scrape they can fold up some.  Otherwise your first peg scrape might be your last ride on that bike.  

Hmm good call.  I think they will still fold up on a peg scrape though.  Maybe I will try it.  But then again why waste $30 when I can get something I know works for $60.  Will have to give it some thought.

1988 LS650 - Candy Apple Red w/ Ghost Flames, Harley muffler, S40 seat, white spacer Mod, #55 pilot, #155 main.
  IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #3 - 03/19/09 at 19:00:10

You can usually find a set of these plain HD pegs pretty cheap.  I think they'd give you the narrowness you're looking for.  Seems like I see them on ebay and in used parts shops for $15-$20.  I think you need to drill the hole out just a smidge to fit.  

You can get fancier with o-ring pegs for usually about $40.

Both will have the correct angle of folding should you scrape a peg.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 03/19/09 at 22:22:34

I once knew a man with a peg leg named michael...

WWW   IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #5 - 03/20/09 at 03:01:34

verslagen1 wrote on 03/19/09 at 22:22:34:
I once knew a man with a peg leg named michael...

What was the name of his other leg? Grin Grin

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 14:28:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Other Peg idea