Send Topic Print
MY DEALER (Read 94 times)
alcoa

never let the
bastards wear you
down

MY DEALER
03/19/09 at 11:35:50

I just got back from my suzuki dealer. We talked about the type of oil to use in my s40. He said to stay with reg. oil for the s40, no need to get anything else, change oil and filter, take care of your bike and it will last a long time. The bike dose not need premium oil or gas so why use it. He told me and now there are 2 others customers that he stays in busness by giving the best advice and prices he can.  Suzuki oil 10w-40 $3.79qt. Suzuki oil filter$4.27  I got 9 qts. oil and 4 oil filters I will go to him for all my bikes needs. Smiley

most problems are caused by the loose nut that conects the handelbars to the seat
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Re: MY DEALER
Reply #1 - 03/19/09 at 12:48:15

Keywords "oil and filter, take care of your bike " .      Yes,   if you change the oil at a frequent interval (3K miles or less?) you will be fine.    

Using Synthetic MC oil  adds a margin of protection since it holds up better to heat.   And in stock configuration, it does get a bit warm.   I'm sure he will tell you so whern you ask him.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 22:24:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › MY DEALER

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.