Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
General Windshield Questions (Read 90 times)
David M Smith
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

General Windshield Questions
03/19/09 at 06:29:36

I bought an 87 Savage last year and it ran fine, but I needed some little tweaks on it to get it into casual riding condition. One of the things I need is a windshield . Since I know almost nothing about putting bikes together and I can't seem to find much info on this online I'll check with all of you in hopes someone can help me out.
 My bike has aftermarket drag bars and I'm afraid of ordering a windshield online that don't mount correctly. Are these "Universal" windshields really universal? Most of the places don't show a picture of how they will mount. What I notice on my bars is that there is very little space on the handlebars left to mount anything! However I see some shields come with fork mounts also. So what are you ideas on the possibilities on a Universal wind screen/shield with fork mounts for my Savage with the drag bar?
 Thanks ahead of time.

Dave

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Re: General Windshield Questions
Reply #1 - 03/19/09 at 07:00:53

the drag bar savages accept handle bar mounts..
to to jp cycles metric section they have ones that fit

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 03/19/09 at 07:21:36

I had buckhorns and changed to drags.  the master doesn't leave any room for the window mount on the right side.  If you had the master for the drags, there might be enough room.  the master for the buckhorns has the banjo on the left end and the drag master has it on the front.

WWW   IP Logged
clueless-FSO

Birmingham, Al
Reply #3 - 03/20/09 at 09:12:41

I had buckhorns and changed to HD bars. Just swapped my small shield for a larger one. It is bar mounted and fit fine. Paid 30 bucks for it off CL.
WOOOOEEEEE!!!

'96 Black "bed liner" paint.. Ed_L forward controls, HD bars with 1"socket risers, 155 main, pod filter, HD exhaust, punched baffle, modded seat, chain drive conversion, slavy mod
one of a kind
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 10:24:00

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › General Windshield Questions

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.