Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
My Bobber/Chopper (now w/pics) (Read 2134 times)
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Re: My Bobber/Chopper soon to be
Reply #30 - 04/27/09 at 23:22:43

Wolf wrote on 04/27/09 at 20:03:53:
... sorry no pics... haven't figured it out yet... camera settings are wrong... to detailed thus huge files...  Undecided

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1240899665/0#0

This is now posted in the tech/ref section by the way.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #31 - 04/28/09 at 00:01:58

I use Irfanview to convert images, anything to anything, resize, filter, decolor.

WWW   IP Logged
Wolf

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 04/28/09 at 18:14:18

Embarrassed

OK OK !!!!!      pics posted.... hehe   ya gotta start from the begininning!   I'll post appropriate pics to the thread as they should have been included.  Thanks for the help guys ( and gals  Huh  hehe).  They are lurking out there....  Cool

Wolf  Cheesy

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Re: My Bobber/Chopper (now w/pics)
Reply #33 - 04/29/09 at 08:20:29

on Yonuh Adisi's bike, how much different is the ride when the front is stretched like that? i am so far away from doing anything(when i get more experience flat black may be an order) but would a stretch be more difficult to ride??

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Wolf

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #34 - 05/06/09 at 08:37:02

Ok  '96 engine inprocess of dismantling for parts, but looking good.  My '99 needs a transmission (4 speed here...), so I was thinking...

I only need a starter and top end, swap engine time?  Might be alot easier than doing a transmission swap and split the case... either way, I am considering the silicone treatment after I hone/true the cylinder.  

Any thoughts...

... am I nuts or what!

Wolf  Cheesy

I guess there be lots O carbon there Savage Eddie... comes of easily with WD40 and sock

IP Logged
Wolf

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 05/07/09 at 18:06:51

Can I use the existing cylinder from the '96 and swap with my '99  straight up?  I can then bore the '99s cylinder and add a new oversized piston/rings  The '96 parts looks real good for both.  The whole transmission will also be swapped.  I'll see if I can diagnose the '99s why it only shifts 4 (vrs 5 speed).   Shocked   I finally got the cam chain off today and will measure it.  I will compare with the 99s cam chain and use the best one (if in spec).  When the new chain arrives, I'll upgrade then... pull the engine a second time... or can I swap Cam chain with the engine mounted?

I am getting into the '99 engine tomorrow and see the issues there Roll Eyes  ... and I am ordering gaskets!

I purchase tools and shop supplies on a daily basis... lol
Not many really:  Today... anti-sieze, 30mm & 32mm sockets,  hehe ... I do need the circlips wrench for the verslavy ...  

Wolf  Cheesy

« Last Edit: 05/07/09 at 22:57:40 by Wolf »  
  IP Logged
Savage Eddie

Custom Bob's ROCK!

40 miles west of Chicago
Reply #36 - 05/08/09 at 04:17:27

well its weird to see my old motor all torn apart and im really surprised the insides look as good as they do for 10,000 miles. just goes to show you that these motors are built to last!

thanks for posting those Wolf!

IP Logged
Wolf

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #37 - 05/11/09 at 23:45:50

I have ordered the OEM/Suzuki complete gasket set.  I have read in other posts, you can use just gasket sealer only.  IF... what gasket sealer(s) would you reccomend.  

I also have ordered the stainless bolt/nut set (ebay).  Both should arrive later this week.  

E-mailed Bore Tech concerning their bore/hone and carbon treatment of the cylinder head.  This process takes about 2 weeks engine downtime and appx $160.  This will make an oversize of the piston/ring specs... so a Ls660 will be in order.  The piston and rings I have to check on... but I guess another $150 or so...  

So JD!!!!    can you say BOB IT!  Since the downtime requires 3 to 4 weeks of dissasembly, additional parts, rebuild and mo money   lol!  

I plan to rebuild the existing carb with the jet set and gasket (also from Lancer).   With these other mods, ther could be a possible Lancer new carb on order... I mean, I changed just about everything else except the tires  Roll Eyes

Wolf  Lips Sealed

OH... hehe   what tires would you recommend... just in case I get  Huh

IP Logged
Wolf

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #38 - 05/24/09 at 11:29:14

Thanks LANCER!

Just picked up the Mikuni 38 from Thunder Products that is on sale and the magnet for the oil filter (less than $100 for both shipped).  I just couldn't pass up the savings.  I know I'll need more parts to complete this mod (I may use my existing carb rejetted at first).  We may have a CARB PARTY @ LANCER's... so all in the SE USA....  Cool

Sorry LANCER, so make plans everybody!   Wink

Update:  I picked up the OEM full gasket set and the stainless bolt/nut kit w/allen head arrived.  The only thing left to modify before I rebuild is the Bore Tech procedure (bore/hone and silcone carbon treatment).

Soooooooo...  This Memorial weekend will be spent dismantling the bike/engine.  I am sure the wiring will get updated as some will be re-routed.   I'll be taking pictures of the whole process.  If there is anyone that wants a particular shot ... speak up and I'll include.  I'll be including every mod (I am doing most of 'em).  I will be on vacation visiting my daughter soon and hope to have the dismantle complete and the transmission switched before I leave.  I plan to ship my cylinder head off so when I return, it will be ready for install.  I plan the OEM O/S piston kit for this build, no need for more compressio (Wiesco sp piston)... or money  hehe ... and Bore Tech will p/u the kit and check tolerances.

So by the end of June, I should have the bike reassembled and gives me a week to tweek the carb before the 4th of July.  I wished I had Demin's knowledge and abilities (welding etc...).  Thats ok... just alot slower here (i race between the Clymers, the SavageCD and this site as I do anything.  I can take off the seat now without looking   Roll Eyes

My goal is the 4th!  Engine first, body later, I want to ride.  This is going to be a stealth Savage Beast when it is done... well, if it turns on  Lips Sealed

... did I say possible paint the frame... Huh

Wolf  Cheesy

ps.  Hey!!!  I hear of a Savage near me that has a suicide shifter (the head mechanic at the local dealership told me).... anyone with a picture of one (no I am not doing this mod.. yet) hehe  I haven't seen it yet, but when I do, I hope to take a picture.

IP Logged
Duane

Creatively
Maladjusted

Terra Plane
Reply #39 - 05/28/09 at 06:25:23

What kind of gas tank did that purple bobber have on it?

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. JFK

WWW duanedaringer   IP Logged
matt_savage

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #40 - 05/28/09 at 07:38:57

Demin's purple bobber has a sportster "peanut" style fuel tank on it.  I believe it requires fabbing new front and rear mounting locations.  Someone else that knows more about it may chime in.

IP Logged
SAVAGESOLDIER

Couldn't think of
nothin' cool....

Roscommon, Mi
Reply #41 - 05/28/09 at 18:51:10

how hard is it to do the rear fender? i want to bob my 96 savage i already took off the front fender and took off the seat to see what it would take and im at a loss as to qwhere to go from here...

william_villella@yahoo.com   IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #42 - 05/28/09 at 19:10:41

Check this out.
SuzukiSavage.com › General Category › Technical Documents/Reference › Bobber build 101

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #43 - 05/28/09 at 19:33:28

matt_savage wrote on 05/28/09 at 07:38:57:
Demin's purple bobber has a sportster "peanut" style fuel tank on it.  I believe it requires fabbing new front and rear mounting locations.  Someone else that knows more about it may chime in.

Just need to weld a connector nut on the frame for the front mount.On the rear I cut the mount off of the rear of the stock tank,and welded it to the Sporty tank.

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
Wolf

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #44 - 05/29/09 at 16:03:16

Woohoo!

My Thunder Products arrived today!  The Mikuni 38mm VM Roundslide carb, Dial a jet kit w/Snorkel kit, the UFO (ultimate flow optimizer) and Magna Guard (oil magnets).  

I think I need a throttle cable to complete this particular mod... and Lancer's gift with carbs...   lol!

The only thing left is my cylinder head mod (Bore tech).  I'll be sending them a cleaned '96 cylinder head (ole Savage eddies).  I plan to use the '96 case and "5" speed transmission (it works).  I'll still rip mine apart to looksee for the future and use any parts ('99 starter, etc...) .  I may swap/rebuild the clutch if the '96 w 10K dosen't  work out.  That is easy to get to.

Oh!  ... and the nitride cam chain (hopefully) will be here within a month ... or so.  The '96s cam chain ... MAY... be ok, but would rather switch out now; I may just purchase a OE chain (unless someone has a nitrided cam chain they are not using).  Everything is paid except the Bore tech and o/s piston kit and shipping.  Total for this is $300 more  Lips Sealed

The next 2 weeks will be spent taking the engine apart and marking/storage/photo.  I'll send out the cylinder head then since the process takes 2 weeks appx and when I return from visiting my daughter, then the assembly.

I'll post a pic of the carb parts I received today (later).

Thanks Lancer!  My intent is to have this ready to ride on the 4th of July   Roll Eyes

Wolf Cool

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 22:36:24

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › My Bobber/Chopper (now w/pics)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.