Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
My Bobber/Chopper (now w/pics) (Read 2134 times)
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Re: My Bobber/Chopper soon to be
Reply #15 - 03/28/09 at 18:44:03

Yep, Demin's bike is the coolest one I've seen.  It just oozes coolness!  Wolf, it's your turn now.  You done yet?  Cheesy

IP Logged
Wolf

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 03/29/09 at 21:52:47

hehe   You funny DJ!   Roll Eyes

I just received my Raask 60mm dragpipes (sweetness) and awaiting my Jetset package and K&N filter.  As soon as I decide what seat... AND almost had a Harley Brand new seat for free (he just can't fathom it on a Suzuki)... Oh well, I'll get it yet  Wink

I probably won't strip it bare yet, but get the excess items off to make room for the new or upgraded ones.  The cam package should arrive end of this month to sometime early June...

So this could be a bobber in stages....

Wolf  Cheesy (can you guess the real teeth in there!   lol)

I'll post a pic of the before '99 Ls650 and add pics of the build I do them.

IP Logged
Wolf

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 04/09/09 at 15:10:24

Back from lala land... the Raask dragpipe sounds wonderful!  man, the engine seems free'r and the knocking is gone.  It seems the muffler bolts were real loose... but I can really hear the sloppy cam swooshing away.  But the muffler sound...   Great!, even the massive backfiring...  I guess I'll be doing jets real soon... I think I also noticed the carb is already pre-drilled for access to the "screw."

ok... now i'll confirm the shift pattern and begin the airbox removal.  

also, I need to get a breather filter now???  I'll try and read up on other threads on this subject...

As soon as I figure the picture attachment, I'll post pics from the beginning.

Wolf Smiley

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #18 - 04/09/09 at 21:10:25

The Raask drag pipe- where in the pipe is the baffle?

IP Logged
Wolf

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 04/10/09 at 05:03:20

Hi Diamond Jim...  It has inside a honey combed baffle along the back pipe held in by a bolt..  It no longer is a solid one piece.  They have made it a 2 piece as they have 3 additional muffler options ($40 more and a little quieter)  It is still sweet.  the engine just seems free (aside from the backfiring.  The clutch seems different as low end power is increased.  Very nice thumps.  Definately need to throttle down when near the neighbors (but they have M/Cs too).

Going to take apart the airbox later today.

Wolf

IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #20 - 04/13/09 at 10:10:47

Thanx for the compliments.HOPEFULLY,I will start my builds again,soon. Roll Eyes

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
Wolf

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 04/13/09 at 18:34:42

Man... I was basically bobber today!  lol      Removed the air box, seats, tank, carb, battery box, belt guard, that goose neck thingy....  basically down to not much save the engine wheels and frame...

Finally got the K&N installed...   Roll Eyes

Don't ask... ok... I finally re-removed the battery box and then installed the filter to the carb.... then squeezed the battery box in.   That Sh*t box was moved to the rails beneath the front seat held by zip ties.  Got it all together save the front seat and belt guards, cranked it up... it starts... and turned off...late night... neighbors  Wink

Tomorrow I'll reattach the seat after I modify the back so the staples won't come thru the vinyl and reattach the guards... maybee.. I just have to take them off as soon as I start the cam area, transmission area and top end, save carb jets etc... projects...  

at least I can ride until then!

Wolf  Smiley      

Question:  I now have 2 black tubes coming out of the carb?  ! on each side... what do i do with these.  I know to get the filter for the crankcase breather tube and possibly a fuel filter.  Thanks

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #22 - 04/13/09 at 19:12:41

them black tubes are vents, stick them up into the frame.  If the bike tips over, better it leak into the frame instead of the ground or you.  And don't worry, when you tip it back up, it'll leak out the bottom of the frame.

WWW   IP Logged
Wolf

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 04/13/09 at 21:04:49

Thank you ... thank you ... Thank you.... I got a little nervous as I remembered the one on the left side... but the right threw me off...  
Now tommorrow I'll open her up and see what the K&N and Raask do to the engine performance.  I guess now I need to get my gaskets on order for the upcoming engine party!

I can see I am going to get DJ's specs on the rear floor insert.  and the battery.... stuck there right in the middle...  that is definately goin to move rearward for the K&N and ease of carb maintenance/removal.  I'll get the engine right before I start the Bobbing!

Wolf  Cheesy

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #24 - 04/13/09 at 21:09:18

f n lost vent hoses must be contageous, stay away from all the other noobs or they'll catch it too.

WWW   IP Logged
Wolf

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 04/14/09 at 11:17:32

Of all the luck... it's raining today!  

Fired her up in my porch needless to say... Nice rumble... and an occasional skip and backfire, but a lower sounding "blast" !  I installed the $10 crank breather and need to tie down the 2 carb vent hoses.  Other than that, I only have the belt guards off.    I do and will have some parts available (notably air box and right cover...)  More to come later.

Question:  The upper and lower belt guard removed, you need to add washers to the "sprocket" guard right?  (I didn't and this guard rubbed the sprocket...)   Shocked  
I did additional zip ties

Wolf

I guess it is time for my jets (soon to arrive).  I'll give a road test and an update.

I'll add pics of the build / conversion as soon as I figure how to get from camera to pc to website... A few mo days...  Huh

IP Logged
Wolf

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 04/16/09 at 04:23:38

Needlesssssss to say.... It sounds great!... but a dog.... sooooo lean....  starts out nice then boggs as soon as I accelerate... I apply choke an dthe engine revs freely but still bogs... anything I can do with existing jets ?

Definately going to move the battery box rearward by relocating the box mounts on the new floor  which will give the filter more room  

Oh well, mods will await at least a couple weeks anyways...

Wolf  Smiley

IP Logged
Wolf

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 04/20/09 at 16:26:14

Update:  I am in the process of frabricating brackets to move my airbox back.  Thanks diamond jim for the tip!  Obviously, this moves my wires to the forefront, but that is ok... I have a few weeks for all the big stuff to collect... so the air box and wires and pretty them up...  

Any thoughts to just cutting the existing rear fender, or is it easier to just frabricate one from a trailer fender?  I plan to use the existing tire sizes, no need to get too wild .... yet   lol.

Oh well, pictures shortly... that is next on the project list.  I am taking pictures currently, just haven't applied my noggin yet...  

Roll Eyes Ok!  I am taking too-defined photos...

Wolf  Roll Eyes

I have to get with Lancer and find out the difference between the 36mm and 38mm carbs... I'll need another carb anyways for the incoming engine and gives me time to tinker while riding... Cool

« Last Edit: 04/20/09 at 21:09:44 by Wolf »  
  IP Logged
Wolf

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 04/27/09 at 20:03:53

Parts... parts.... parts...

From LANCER:  performance cam and jetset kit w/gasket  - sweet!

From verslagen1: a NEW verslavy - sweet!

... an engine from Savage eddie should arrive Thursday (via UPS ground) and other needed parts arriving this week too!

All I need is gaskets and misc shop supplies... and time!  Shocked

lol

Thank you LANCER and verslagen1 !!!  

NOW... the questions begin in earnest!  hehe   Roll Eyes

Wolf

« Last Edit: 04/28/09 at 23:38:16 by Wolf »  
  IP Logged
Savage Eddie

Custom Bob's ROCK!

40 miles west of Chicago
Reply #29 - 04/27/09 at 20:42:47

picture settings - any size

join Photobucket (its free)  click here

upload pics

edit pic to roughly 500 pixels and save

now hold your mouse over the pic and copy the [img] code and paste it here!  

get some pics up brutha! all this teasing is killin us!!!!

« Last Edit: 04/28/09 at 21:22:03 by Savage Eddie »  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 22:38:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › My Bobber/Chopper (now w/pics)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.