Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
NEW BIKE BATTERY PROBLEMS (Read 71 times)
Joe C
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NEW BIKE BATTERY PROBLEMS
03/13/09 at 15:21:27

I just picked up a 2000 savage 650.  I put the bike on the battery tender and started it up when the tender told me it was fully charged.  The bike sat for a few days and now it won't start.  I hooked it up to the tender and it's telling me that the battery is dead.  someone told me to add some distilled water to the battery.  Will this help with my issue?  Where do I add water?  How can I tell is my bike is low and need water?  Why is water needed in the battery?  Sorry for the dumb question. I'm just getting started with the bike.... Smiley

IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Re: NEW BIKE BATTERY PROBLEMS
Reply #1 - 03/13/09 at 15:27:59

Clymer M384-4 Suzuki LS650 Savage/Boulevard S40 1986-2007 Lubrication, Maintenace and Tune-up Chapter 3 starts on page page 31

http://books.google.com/books?id=gWz8w4J_oG4C&pg=PA32&lpg=PA32&dq=savage+batt...

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
Joe C
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 03/13/09 at 15:35:52

If i'm low on water will this cause my battery to not hold a charge?  Is it ok for the battery to be on the tender when the battery is low or completely out of water?

IP Logged
djo723
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 03/13/09 at 15:41:30

i had a similar problem like this. i bought a 2001 a few months ago and i think it was the original battery. My charger would say it was charged but after a day it wouldnt start again. yours could be in a similar situation. i just went to pepboys and picked up their cheapest battery and havent had any problems since. im fairly stupid when it comes to this stuff but check the voltage on it like people say in other forums.

IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Reply #4 - 03/13/09 at 16:23:05

I got two words for you...

BIG CRANK

Product Description:
Premium quality absorbed glass mat technology (AGM) is ideal for ATVs, motorcycles, personal watercraft, & snowmobiles. The Big Crank Power Sports AGM Battery was designed for more than performance; it was designed for the enthusiast.

Completely spillproof and leakproof; frequent replacement and high maintenance are over!

The AGM technology increases power while improving rider and environmental safety. The key to this technology is the highly porous microfiber separators, which completely absorb and trap the electrolyte. Molded top and side connection terminals provide versatility, increased strength and durability. The Big Crank Power Sports AGM Battery provides the most advanced power and value in the industry.

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #5 - 03/13/09 at 17:00:38

Front side of the battery box has a little hole to view water level (kickstand side of bike).

If it's low , it won't charge correctly.  Add water (distilled is best) and charge over night.

Note: some batteries are sealed so if you have that type, most likely it has seen better days.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
SavRon

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ohio
Reply #6 - 03/13/09 at 17:07:30

Sounds like your battery is shot. Time to buy a new one. Dealer or Auto Parts should have them, Get a sealed type, that way you never have to add water.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 14:31:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › NEW BIKE BATTERY PROBLEMS

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.