Help needed! (Read 101 times)
Cipolino
YaBB Newbies

Easy riders live
longer!

Cyprus
Help needed!
03/13/09 at 11:54:18

I whant to buy an performance exhaust and cone air filter .... What specs should i look for? like diameters, OD, ID ...
I've been to a shop and asked a guy what he has for Suzuki Savage ... and he said he has nothing 4 my bike .... the guy sells Harley stuff mainly. the thing is that i saw some stuff i could use on my bike, like tahometer, led blinker, sadlebags, toolrollbag, and i felt like the guy it's just rude ... maybe he doesn't like the job ... or my face ...
so next time i go to a shop i wanna be prepared

'93 yellow savage, seat mod, SE exhaust, 152 main & 52.5 pilot, cone air filter, drag bar, 4" risers, Ed L fwctrl
  IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Re: Help needed!
Reply #1 - 03/13/09 at 16:56:18

If he has harley prices then just look and don't buy.  We'll help you find a good deal.  For the pod filter you want one with a opening that measures 57mm (2 1/4").  For exhaust- generally 1.75" to 2"easy can be adapted fairly easily to the LS650.  HD dyna and sportster mufflers are almost a direct bolt on.  There are some certain HD mufflers you want over other ones.  I don't remember which years to avoid due to the crossover pipe but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to fill in that info.

IP Logged
Mr. Hyde
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Reply #2 - 03/14/09 at 06:21:49

Some other member posted this just awhile ago:  

Quote:
If you want a Dyna canister, you will want to ask for one that will fit a 2004 or earlier with NO crossover.  Just go up to the parts counter and ask them if they have any take-offs. Bolts right on, but, you WILL need to re-jet

FREE RIDER - Whatever blows your hair back.
  IP Logged
Cipolino
YaBB Newbies

Easy riders live
longer!

Cyprus
Reply #3 - 03/14/09 at 09:38:11

i would not buy anything from the harley guy .... coz he was an a$$whole, i am looking for some exhaust so i would not have to rejet the carb ... my knowlege is prety poor ...
i would like to put that cheap home made raask like exhaust .... but i am sure i will have to rejet.
i found some stuff on ebay but most of them are in US and i am in Cyprus, and it will add the posting, and some tax on top ...
i found some nice screaming eagle lookalike exhaust, don't know for sure but i think somebody here makes them, the price is ok ... first time i asked to a shop and the guy said 130 euro, mounting not included, he said it will be around 40 euro extra ... i said i will think about it and left ... i felt like the guy is ripping me off ....
so i went to a garage where they mount exhaust for the cars ... i was looking if the guy can make me a raask exhaust ... and i found the same exhaust i saw in the shop before ... at 70 euro with the mounting ...
so it is a 100 euro diference ...
this exhaust seems to be buffled, so maybe i will not need to rejet ...

'93 yellow savage, seat mod, SE exhaust, 152 main & 52.5 pilot, cone air filter, drag bar, 4" risers, Ed L fwctrl
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 03/14/09 at 15:03:51

You'll probably need to rejet no matter what you switch to. With the dyna exhaust maybe not (so im told). I was going to go the dyna route but got a brand new screaming eagle for $25 off ebay. Too good a deal to pass up IMO so i went ahead and got lancer's jet kit too. I'll take care of that once I get my sputtering issue taken care of.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 07:36:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Help needed!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.