Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Intro - Newish S40 Rider (Read 152 times)
S40Geezer
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Intro - Newish S40 Rider
03/11/09 at 16:16:11

I've lurked here for quite a while.  What a great community!

I started riding again after a 32 year hiatus last June, when I bought a 1982 Yamaha SECA 400.  After having spent too much for the bike plus dumping in almost $1000 for brake repairs, I decided that it was time to put miles on a bike riding somewhere other than back and forth to the repair shop.

I sold the SECA and bought a new 2008 S40 in September, and despite only having put 1200 miles on it so far I am delighted.  I debated between the S40 and a Kawasaki 500 twin, but I'm 55 and old school enough to appreciate a thumper.

Most of my riding is back road cruising in the Mid-Atlantic area, with some interstate spins thrown in as well.  I have no problem maintaining speed on the interstate, but the light weight of the S40 and my 180 lbs. mean paying some attention when passing a truck, or being passed by one.

I ride solo 99% of the time, but have taken both my wife and one of my sons for rides.  I see little difference in performance due to weight consideration between my solo rides and those with a passenger, which has been a really pleasant surprise.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank the contributors here for all of the great info you've presented!

IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Re: Intro - Newish S40 Rider
Reply #1 - 03/11/09 at 17:26:50

Welcome!!! It really is a great site. If you have the time and inclination, there's enough info here to do a complete tear down and rebuild, with a gazillion modifications also.  Smiley

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
Savage Eddie

Custom Bob's ROCK!

40 miles west of Chicago
Reply #2 - 03/11/09 at 21:13:03

i agree, im still kinda new but have been a guest for almost a year. TONS of info!!

Welcome to the site!

IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #3 - 03/12/09 at 02:55:25

Welcome back! You're gonna love the Savage.

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
Jimmer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NewportPa.
Reply #4 - 03/12/09 at 03:19:55

Welcome to the group. Your going to enjoy the S40 and the people at this site. Never a dull moment. Ride Strong, Ride Proud,and Ride Safe.

IP Logged
2nd savage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com Is
the standard!

Cope S.C.
Reply #5 - 03/13/09 at 19:48:38

Welcome back to the world of motorcycles and you could not have picked a better bike to ride. Thanks to Suzuki for keeping a time proven bike around for all of us to enjoy for so many years.  Cool

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 16:19:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Intro - Newish S40 Rider

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.