Send Topic Print
fuel tank issue (Read 254 times)
dan savage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: fuel tank issue
Reply #15 - 03/09/09 at 21:13:07

how do you reverse flush it? (like i said, im new to this stuff sorry)

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 03/09/09 at 21:55:33

Put the petcock on Prime & just gently Blow into the hose from petcock to carb. If its too short, get a longer hose. If you can just establish flow & get the tank empty, then pull the petcock out & have a look at it. The screen is not exactly Tough, be gentle with it. You pulled the lever back toward the rear tire? Horizontal? Thats prime.
A couple of pieces of tubing, one small ID, to use to apply "Vacuum" to the petcock, all ya gotta do is suck on it, theres no airflow & then a bigger ID hose to replace the one that goes to the carb, to blow in & get the crud off the screen, then youll have what you need to check the petcock in all positions & hopefully get the screen unblocked & empty the tank.  Good Luck..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #17 - 03/09/09 at 21:56:09

Well, I'm making this as I go along too, just stuff that I've thought of doing after taking it all apart and wonderin'... if there's another beer in the frig.

Naturally, gas would be the preference.  turkey baster might do it.  siringe.  Got me a big siringe for measuring out additives from wally world.  But water might do for blowing out crud.  Put it on prime and baste away.

another thing that might do it is seafoam.  An ounce or 2 in a nearly empty tank should disolve what ever down there.

WWW   IP Logged
dan savage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 03/09/09 at 21:59:27

well i have half a can of seafoam in with the tank of gas in there right now. if it doesnt clear up by tomorrow morning ill try those suggestions after school. thanks alot for all the help guys =]

IP Logged
dan savage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 03/10/09 at 21:03:42

oh golly. i siphoned the tank and took off the petcock and guess what... it was fine... turned the tank over just for kicks and what was left of the gas came out. put the petcock back on turned it to prime and still got nothing. at this point its looking like i might just have to buy a new petcock? idk what else to do

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #20 - 03/10/09 at 21:12:05

I have a theory that the diaphram rubber goes hard.

You did take the petcock apart?

Because there is a little plunger that sits in a hole that may get stuck.

WWW   IP Logged
dan savage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 03/10/09 at 21:19:27

yeah, i took the petcock apart. i dont quite understand how that thing works though so idk, nothing seemed too weird. im still confused why even w/ the diaphragm weird why it wouldnt pour out gas when on prime? doesnt that not even really deal w/ the diaphragm then? i also made the inteligent decision of taking off the lil switch nob thingy and im afraid i may have turned it funny or something =/

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #22 - 03/10/09 at 21:30:47

That may be the problem.

when it's turned to prime a little finger moves out and pushes the valve open.

WWW   IP Logged
dan savage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 03/10/09 at 21:38:38

well i pulled it off after it wasnt working in the first place  Tongue figured i had pulled everything else apart and nothing seemed wrong so minds well see whats in there. i dont really know whats goin on w/ that plastic piece though so i cant really fix anything if its wrong =/ id just bring the whole petcock into a bike shop if i didnt work tomorrow. i hate wanting to fix it when i dont have time to make the trips...

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #24 - 03/11/09 at 03:06:55

For all this talk about a petcock problem, I would just get the raptor petcock and replace it.  Oh, that is what I did.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #25 - 03/11/09 at 10:05:50

Just one more thing.....  Are you sure you have the vac line going to the vac port, and the fuel line going to the fuel port?....

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
dan savage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 03/11/09 at 13:04:24

yeah, im sure i have both lines going to the right ports. i just gonna get another petcock. thanks alot for all the help guys.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 16:22:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › fuel tank issue

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.