Send Topic Print
header size (Read 66 times)
Big Nix

Screw dieing of
natural causes.

Atlanta, GA
header size
03/08/09 at 22:55:27

hey just wanted to ask some people who are smarter than me to double check what i'm thinking.  I'm planning on going and getting a new exhaust pipe for the old skoot and just wanted to know if anybody knew the OD of the header, beings that's where i want my new exhaust is going to sit.  
Oh yah that and if anybody knew if exhaust wrap is something you can pick up at any parts store or if I'm gonna have to order it off the net. thanks
Nix

Courage is being scared, but still sadeling up and riding out.
Big Nix   IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Re: header size
Reply #1 - 03/09/09 at 06:31:44

ID or OD?  

As for the header tape, 1" wrap would be easier to work around the curves than the standard 2" but the two inch would work better on the straight portions of the pipe.  Order it online.  You can get a better variety and colors for a lower price than any store I've seen.  You might consider getting the kind with ceramic coating that won't flame up should you get some oil on it while riding.  It's about 2-2.5 times the price of common fiberglass wrap though.  

The only wrap I'm using right now are two strips, one underneath each clamp for my heat shield.  I ordered black fiberglass.  Those two little pieces have turned tan already.  

IP Logged
Big Nix

Screw dieing of
natural causes.

Atlanta, GA
Re: header size
Reply #2 - 03/09/09 at 07:19:31

OD

Courage is being scared, but still sadeling up and riding out.
Big Nix   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 20:22:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › header size

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.