Feul Switch Question (Read 73 times)
ian22
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Trinity, Florida
Feul Switch Question
03/05/09 at 23:45:33

I took my bike in a few months ago for some electrical problems.  It turned out that I just needed a new battery.  After I got it back from the shop the feul switch was not working.  Before that I could switch to the reserve when I started to sputter. Since though I've ran out of gas twice because nothing happens when I switch it now.  I don't want to take it back to the shop because they took 2 weeks to change my battery.  I can't wait that long because its my daily rider.  Any help?
Thanks,
Ian

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Feul Switch Question
Reply #1 - 03/06/09 at 00:25:39

What happens if you put it on prime? Have you tried putting it on reserve while its got plenty of gas in it, to see if the petcock is passing fuel( & you thot I was gonna say GAS?? No way! Not with you guys)...

Mess with it while it has plenty of fuel in it. In fact, I swing the lever every now & then to just make sure theres no build up of crud 'down there", so that I know its not gonna gunk up on me when I get to reserve. I usually dont even use reserve, ususlly I just pull back on the leber & head for the station.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Mortation

Reply #2 - 03/06/09 at 06:19:37

Honestly I would just order a new fuel thingy.  Its only $60 shiney new from flat out.  Running out of gas and pushing the bike is no fun.  If you want to and you have the time you can pull it out, rebuild it, clean the filter, etc.  That will be much cheaper, me on the other hand I would rather order the part just swap it out and go.

1988 LS650 - Candy Apple Red w/ Ghost Flames, Harley muffler, S40 seat, white spacer Mod, #55 pilot, #155 main.
  IP Logged
Mortation

Reply #3 - 03/06/09 at 06:20:28

Mortation wrote on 03/06/09 at 06:19:37:
Honestly I would just order a new fuel thingy.  Its only $60 shiney new from flat out.  Running out of gas and pushing the bike is no fun.  If you want to and you have the time you can pull it out, rebuild it, clean the filter, etc.  That will be much cheaper, me on the other hand I would rather order the part just swap it out and go.

LOL.  Fuelcock petcock Fuel shutoff valve.  I think the words are getting caught in the filter but you know what I mean lol.

1988 LS650 - Candy Apple Red w/ Ghost Flames, Harley muffler, S40 seat, white spacer Mod, #55 pilot, #155 main.
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #4 - 03/06/09 at 06:31:21

You can buy a petcock for a yamaha raptor, (maybe 2004 or so, you need to check, there is a thread somewhere about this) for a whole lot less than $60.  It simply replaces the oem one. It does not have a vacuum line, so you need to plug that on the carb.  Others have rebuilt the old petcock to work like the raptor one.  I replaced mine, simply take the old one off put the new one one.

Here is the link to repair:
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1113631600/7#7

Here is link to replace:
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1220924835/0

And here is my story:
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1226328086/0

Not a big deal

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 04:15:39

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Feul Switch Question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.