Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Throw over saddle bags..... (Read 116 times)
DNW VZ800
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Throw over saddle bags.....
03/04/09 at 19:35:02

I hope someone can help me.....I just bought my gf a S40 and want to mount her throw over saddle bags but when I removed the seat there is a small cooling grill for some electrical connections.
The question is can I put the bags of this grill or is it better to remove the grill and put on the bags and then bolt the grill ontop of the bags....thanks

IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Re: Throw over saddle bags.....
Reply #1 - 03/04/09 at 19:59:40

That would be the rectifier. I moved mine. I just rotated it down to a position under the drivers seat and secured it there. The wires are plenty long to do this. Other owners have cut the saddle bag yoke to fit around the rectifier.
AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #2 - 03/04/09 at 20:15:38

Moved mine too.  Some people cut the leather yoke so it will fit around the rectifier.  I don't like that way cause a lot of saddlebags then have to be mounted s little past the top part of the fender and they look a kind of funny.  There's plenty of wire going to it but it's just secured by the bendable wire retainers bolted to the frame.  Loosen up the wires, stretch it out to see how much room you have to play with and mount it somewhere else.  You're left with a nice, clean fender to mount the bags the way you want without the position being dictated by the rectifier.

IP Logged
DNW VZ800
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 03/04/09 at 20:30:52

If either of you gents have a picture or two of how/where you moved the rectifer to it would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #4 - 03/04/09 at 23:23:34

I'm to lazy right now to find the one pic I've got that shows the close up.  In the pic below, my rectifier is mounted on the fender between the frame rails.  But for that location you'll need to pull the airbox to do it. However, you can mount it pretty much anywhere.  I've seen at least a dozen different locations used.  Someone else will be long shortly to give you some pics or links that will help.  

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 14:32:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Throw over saddle bags.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.