Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Questions about original carb design (Read 54 times)
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Questions about original carb design
03/04/09 at 10:29:25

I've read a lot about our carb and related carb info.  I haven't been able to find the answers for the following questions.  Maybe one of you can answer these.

1.  I've read that the white spacer mod was added to meet emission requirements.  I've also read that the LS650 was somewhat marketed for those countries that have a graduated motorcycle license requirement with engine displacement /HP limits and therefore the carb was a little detuned to make sure it fell within these limits.  
So, my question is- when Suzuki was designing and first built the LS650 back in the mid 80s, did the design include the white spacer and the same jets currently used or did R&D use a different setup to maximize power but then Suzuki made business decisions and did mods to meet HP/emission requirements?

2. If R&D designed it to maximize performance, as most did back then, how were the carb specs different compared to now in terms of jet sizes and such?

3  Again, if so, which setup now most duplicates the original setup?  I read earlier on a different site that a 157.5 main jet was part of the original design.  

« Last Edit: 03/04/09 at 14:10:28 by diamond jim »  
  IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Re: Questions about original carb design
Reply #1 - 03/04/09 at 15:34:03

I found most of the answers using the table of contents.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1098869040

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 08:31:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Questions about original carb design

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.