Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Newbie here with new bike!!! (Read 71 times)
Dezmond
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ingersoll, Ontario
Newbie here with new bike!!!
03/03/09 at 16:13:21

Hey all.  Well I am going to be the proud owner of a 2000 Suzuki Savage 650ls as of tomorrow afternoon (Wednesday).  I have a few toys already but I am very excited about owning my first belt drive ride....

Plan to do some mods, painting, seat replacement etc. to it as well to call it my own.  This is a new bike to me as my other toys are a 83 Shadow 500 and a 85 Virago 750 and a 85 Magna 750.  The shadow is the only complete one as of now.  I plan to sell these and keep the savage...

Now a couple questions..  I am 5'10" and about 230 lbs. (the wife is good to me).  What kind of mods would you all suggest for me to do to make it a more comfortable and fun ride..  I like the stance of my shadow with the hiway pegs on it.   Feet forward and comfy bars.  I see on some of the posts the stock ones are kinda tight..  These are 1" correct?

Any help would be great all!!!  Pics soon to come as well.

Thanks!!!

Dezi

IP Logged
BigSingle

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Pensacola Florida
Re: Newbie here with new bike!!!
Reply #1 - 03/03/09 at 17:30:10

HI!! Welcome to the board, and congrats on the new bike...Im sure someone will post up some answers to your questions, Im the last person  you want to ask about making your savage comfortable Grin (see some of my previous post).... Smiley

IP Logged
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reply #2 - 03/03/09 at 17:52:16

Huzzah and boat drinks! (clink) Cheesy

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #3 - 03/03/09 at 17:54:16

Dezmond wrote on 03/03/09 at 16:13:21:
Hey all.  Well I am going to be the proud owner of a 2000 Suzuki Savage 650ls as of tomorrow afternoon (Wednesday).  I have a few toys already but I am very excited about owning my first belt drive ride....

Plan to do some mods, painting, seat replacement etc. to it as well to call it my own.  This is a new bike to me as my other toys are a 83 Shadow 500 and a 85 Virago 750 and a 85 Magna 750.  The shadow is the only complete one as of now.  I plan to sell these and keep the savage...

Now a couple questions..  I am 5'10" and about 230 lbs. (the wife is good to me).  What kind of mods would you all suggest for me to do to make it a more comfortable and fun ride..  I like the stance of my shadow with the hiway pegs on it.   Feet forward and comfy bars.  I see on some of the posts the stock ones are kinda tight..  These are 1" correct?

Any help would be great all!!!  Pics soon to come as well.

Thanks!!!

Dezi

Yes, the stock handle bars are 1 inch. You can either make your own forward controls, buy them from a place like seeger cycles (300 plus bucks) or buy a set from a member here named Ed L. (Check market place section of the site.)

Beware that the modifying bug can become a nasty virus.  Wink

Mine day after I bought it.

Now

The FireLizard is also a 2000 model.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 22:15:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Newbie here with new bike!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.