Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Jetting and exhaust question (Read 116 times)
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Jetting and exhaust question
03/03/09 at 10:46:26

I have an 03 LS650 that I have left pretty much stock.  I have a K&N filter, but have not yet put it on.  I am seriously considering a Super Trapp pipe, simply because it can be  tuned, and seems to have a good rep.

I have two questions really.  First, if I install the K&N and the Super Trapp, how many baffles should I install for good flow, but maintaining the proper back pressure?

Second, if I do the above, I know that I will need to rejet the carb.  What size jets would you recommend.

All advice is greatly appreciated.

IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Jetting and exhaust question
Reply #1 - 03/03/09 at 11:26:36

New to the exhaust aspect myself but from what I gather rejetting isnt necessary with a supertrapp if you're using the correct number of baffles.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 03/03/09 at 12:02:45

You CAN use the Trapp to keep the restriction at stock levels, But WHY?? Spend all that $$ & gain noting? No way.
Jetting is different for each bike it seems, Your location, Feet above sea level, changes the equation,too.
You can use enough baffles to mess things up, but figuring this out is, for me, too tedious, so I slapped it together & Im reasonably happy, If I had the OOOMPH id worry about the last 20% of power I could wring out,.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #3 - 03/03/09 at 12:22:48

I understand that I can put sufficient baffles (4-6) into the exhaust to maintain the stock flow, but that is not what I am after.  I guess that I should have been more specific, and provided more information.  I live in Tucson, which is about 2000 feet above sea level.  I want to maximize the possible flow with the Super Trapp and he K&N air filter, but I also want to maintain the back pressure needed for proper flow.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 03/03/09 at 13:00:35

Now youve handed the smart guys the nfo they need to give you an idea where to start. Good luck & I think thats a great approach

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 03/03/09 at 13:04:19

OHH Yea, a cam,, stick a cam in it when you do the chain..It gives about 1/2 the midrange boost as the exhaust/airflow/jet boost, I think, anyway.

IP Logged
seviersavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Smoky Mountains Tennessee
Reply #6 - 03/03/09 at 14:03:15

here is my guess.
I would put the eight discs the supertrapp comes with, then do the white spacer mod and up the pilot to whatever Lancer sends ya and go with a 150 main and hold on!
Seviersavage

I ended up going down to 10 discs from 14 but I have a different carb.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 20:21:28

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Jetting and exhaust question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.