Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Removing passenger pegs on savage? (Read 254 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Removing passenger pegs on savage?
Reply #15 - 03/03/09 at 21:11:36

It takes three wrenches and two minutes to pull the back wheel....
WTF?....

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 03/03/09 at 22:31:52

Gary On A Savage wrote on 03/03/09 at 20:49:46:
Jonny,

I know how you feel.  The first time I took my back wheel off and put it back on, I kept waiting for the bike to fall apart.  You know what...it didn't.  To my surprise everything held together.  Since then I have taken just about everything apart and put it back together.  It's really not that hard...just don't be in a hurry and make sure you put things back together tight.
********************************************************************************
But if you are afraid to do it yourself, by all means, have a "professional" do it... then wonder if HE was in a hurry and forgot to do something right.   Wink

Awwww Now, you know that doesnt happen. I mean, NO ONE has ever lost an engine because the guy at the shop put the filter in bakkerds. OR lost an exhaust on the ride home from the shop.. nope, Never Happunt!
One other thing Ive noticed about wrenching time. I am Looking at the bike & checking for little things that need done. The "Pros" are racing th clock, because each job Pays according to a manual 7 that manual presumes every bolt is clean & loosens as if new & the tools are at hand & you dont drop anything. At least thats how it is on cars, maybe on bikes they can milk a 20 minute job into an hour?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Gary On A Savage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Only 15 mins riding
could save you $$$
in Dr bills

Fresno, California
Reply #17 - 03/03/09 at 22:57:24

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/03/09 at 22:31:52:
Gary On A Savage wrote on 03/03/09 at 20:49:46:
Jonny,

I know how you feel.  The first time I took my back wheel off and put it back on, I kept waiting for the bike to fall apart.  You know what...it didn't.  To my surprise everything held together.  Since then I have taken just about everything apart and put it back together.  It's really not that hard...just don't be in a hurry and make sure you put things back together tight.
********************************************************************************
But if you are afraid to do it yourself, by all means, have a "professional" do it... then wonder if HE was in a hurry and forgot to do something right.   Wink

Awwww Now, you know that doesnt happen. I mean, NO ONE has ever lost an engine because the guy at the shop put the filter in bakkerds. OR lost an exhaust on the ride home from the shop.. nope, Never Happunt!
One other thing Ive noticed about wrenching time. I am Looking at the bike & checking for little things that need done. The "Pros" are racing th clock, because each job Pays according to a manual 7 that manual presumes every bolt is clean & loosens as if new & the tools are at hand & you dont drop anything. At least thats how it is on cars, maybe on bikes they can milk a 20 minute job into an hour?

Yeah.  I know every nut and bolt on my 95 Savage.  I'm sure most of the guys at the local dealer/shop have never SEEN a 95 savage.  BUT, if you have a trusted mechanic, that's a different story.

'95 Savage with the lowered, full fender look
'96 Honda Shadow 1100 ACE
My Riding Blog: http://garyonasavage.blogspot.com/
WWW   IP Logged
Jonny_Chicago
Serious Thumper

Nazis, f**k off!

Chicago, IL
Reply #18 - 03/03/09 at 23:59:16

Savage Eddie wrote on 03/03/09 at 21:04:05:
i used a cutting wheel to shave the peg locks down and used a shortened allen wrench to hold the bolt then spun the peg off, kinda a pain but i didnt want to take the wheel off either, after the threaded bolt was exposed i cut it flush and pushed it out the back...

I will try this.  Thanks man.

IP Logged
Jonny_Chicago
Serious Thumper

Nazis, f**k off!

Chicago, IL
Reply #19 - 03/04/09 at 00:00:46

Charon wrote on 03/03/09 at 21:09:35:
I suppose it is silly to ask why you don't just leave them on. They aren't very heavy. If you use saddlebags you won't even notice them. And just once in a while you might even put your own feet on them for a brief change of position on a long ride.

Yea, the thing is I want to put pegs under the seat, to have a standard sitting stance.  I dont want to put my legs back.  I just dont want a ton of pegs on it.  You guys will see. I will post picts when completed.

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #20 - 03/04/09 at 09:03:27

I took mine off a long time ago but it doesn't seem like it was an issue or difficult, ranking right up there with burping a lid on a tupperware bowl.  

You know, I really don't remember taking them off.  I just know they are sitting on the shelf collecting dust with the other stock parts from this and other bikes.

IP Logged
Jonny_Chicago
Serious Thumper

Nazis, f**k off!

Chicago, IL
Reply #21 - 03/04/09 at 11:49:39

I wonder if I remove them without breaking them, if I could remount them in the position I am thinking of.  Or will I have to get new ones...hmmm....will see....

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:23:42

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Removing passenger pegs on savage?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.