Send Topic Print
Manual Petcock (Read 65 times)
wrd17
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Manual Petcock
02/28/09 at 16:00:03

I just ordered a manual petcock to put on my savage.  what should i do with the existing vac line.   Should I just plug the hole with something (if so any suggestions of where to get the right plug?) or just leave the tube hanging?

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Re: Manual Petcock
Reply #1 - 02/28/09 at 16:22:43

You need to plug the line.  They make a nice cap that will fit on the nipple at the carb, I am guessing you can get one at a parts store.  Or you can cut a piece of line and plug it with a screw.

Mike

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 02/28/09 at 17:59:06

Vac line caps are a dime a dozen, at a parts house or a junk yard.Raise a hood & look around on older cars. I had a 78 merc that had quite a few caps on it. But for the hassle, Id go to the parts house.Or Poke a cut off piece of nail into the cut off vac line, OHH yea, lets take This one to th a Bike show, its CLEAN!! LOL

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 02/28/09 at 18:23:41

Yeah,...if you don't plug it, you'll have an air leak,...it'll make you run really lean.  I found a screw that made a pretty snug fit, then put a vac line plug over that...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 02:16:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Manual Petcock

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.