Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
cam journal repair with JB Weld (Read 861 times)
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Re: cam journal repair with JB Weld
Reply #45 - 05/01/13 at 11:59:10

What exactly are you guys hoping to achieve with all of this? I know that none of you would ever hope to buy a bike that had been repaired with this backwoods crap but here you all are - passing this misinformation around in RSD like it's good idea. Are you hoping to put someone else in the position of buying a bike that's been repaired like this? Are you hoping someone else is going to have their engine seize?

Yeah, I'm the jackass. No, I just make sure people who pass this stuff around like gospel feel like jackasses with the hope that they'll think twice about doing it again.

Rewarding stupidity only fosters it.

IP Logged
apache snow-FSO
Serious Thumper

Reply #46 - 05/01/13 at 12:11:14

Someones panties got in a big knot. Shocked

2012 Honda Shadow Spirit

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #47 - 05/01/13 at 12:11:25

Jeez, Cavi... lighten up... Grin...

I don't think I'd be willing to try it on toasted cam bearing races (?),
...but,.. maybe stripped thread holes or a cracked case...
It's just so pricey,... it approaches the cost of buying a used replacement part, in most cases...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #48 - 05/01/13 at 12:34:24

I wouldnt BUY a bike that had been repaired that way unless I got a real good deal. However, there are more applications & I have used a good bit of JB weld over the years. Sometimes I was less than thrilled. I am currently using some to dress some gouges in a hydraulic ram & its held up for a few months okay, but, IF it craps out, I may want to go back with something that mite last longer. I dont need to be told what a fool I am for considering a PRODUCT. I MAY have some other reason for wanting it.
Your immediate belief that because this was about cam journal repair that that would be the only reason for getting excited about the product & getting rude with people & acting as if theyre emotionally unable to allow a thread to die when , in YOUR oh so humble opinion it should have been allowed to do is really offensive to me. So yea, I called you a jackass. You act rudely to people I call friend, for no reason & Ill do that, every time,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #49 - 05/01/13 at 14:01:27

Cavi Mike wrote on 05/01/13 at 11:59:10:
What exactly are you guys hoping to achieve with all of this? I know that none of you would ever hope to buy a bike that had been repaired with this backwoods crap but here you all are - passing this misinformation around in RSD like it's good idea. Are you hoping to put someone else in the position of buying a bike that's been repaired like this? Are you hoping someone else is going to have their engine seize?

Yeah, I'm the jackass. No, I just make sure people who pass this stuff around like gospel feel like jackasses with the hope that they'll think twice about doing it again.

Rewarding stupidity only fosters it.

You make it clear, responding to you is futile.
However, no one's passing out misinfo but you.

I can see several uses for this stuff even if cam journal repair doesn't work.
Threaded holes is one, cracked or holed cases another, and worn out splines.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 03:32:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › cam journal repair with JB Weld

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.