Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
just got my wife a 2005 s40 for her b-day! (pics) (Read 855 times)
mrplease
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: just got my wife a 2005 s40 for her b-day! (pi
Reply #15 - 03/04/09 at 08:25:52

well the one i heard was not very loud. just real throaty.

and i will keep the stock exhaust in case we want to put it back on...

IP Logged
mrplease
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 03/11/09 at 07:47:55

well i got the jardine exhaust installed on the bike yesterday. i rode it about 20 miles and man, it sounds much better! i will be giving the bike to my wife on her b-day which this saturday. so we will see how she like it! i'll post some pics of the bike with the exhaust soon.

and like i said i will keep the factory exhaust just in case she wants to put it back on.

the suzuki dealership i ordered it from assured me that this exhaust was 100% street legal. they said that jardine can't sell it as a street legal exhaust if it wasn't. but hey thats just what they said, and i always take what a dealership says with a grain of salt. but you know, we'll see. i know my bike is twice as loud and i've never had any problems...

IP Logged
rodeoman
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 03/11/09 at 08:32:09

i got the jardine and I also have the carb rejetted w/ a hiflo air filter...it is LOUD!!!! some of my frinds that ride touring bikes make me ride in the back!!LOL   But I love it it sounds wey better than stock and seems to be a little quicker. also mine dose not have a bafle at all.

IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #18 - 03/11/09 at 09:49:41

The dealership is lying through its teeth. If an exhaust is ANY louder than stock it is not legal under Federal laws. Period. The law won't be enforced locally - probably - but the exhaust is still illegal.

I saw an item the other day pointing out that state and local governments are having problems with revenue. That item mentioned that stepped-up traffic enforcement, including noise regulations, might be a solution. And I'd bet every state has some sort of regulation prohibiting "excess noise." Even more interesting, there was comment that the enforcement people were asking offending riders where the illegal exhausts had been installed. Then they were going after the dealers or mechanics who had done it, and hitting them with much larger fines.

« Last Edit: 03/11/09 at 12:03:29 by Charon »  

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #19 - 03/11/09 at 11:16:25

Loud exhausts are covered under the Inattentive driver abatement program AB637AC1U3, section OU812.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
mrplease
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 03/11/09 at 12:48:12

what does that mean?

verslagen1 wrote on 03/11/09 at 11:16:25:
Loud exhausts are covered under the Inattentive driver abatement program AB637AC1U3, section OU812.   Grin

IP Logged
mrplease
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 03/11/09 at 12:58:30

i was reading some state by state motorcycle laws...

what you are saying is true IN CERTAIN STATES. like oklahoma for example. it says it is illegal to install a muffler or exhaust that is louder than what was installed from the factory.

now there are other states that measures the sound level. and it can't be louder than a certain sound level measurement. which means yes you can get your muffler louder, just not above the specific states sound requirement...

Charon wrote on 03/11/09 at 09:49:41:
The dealership is lying through its teeth. If an exhaust is ANY louder than stock it is not legal under Federal laws. Period. The law won't be enforced locally - probably - but the exhaust is still illegal.

I saw an item the other day pointing out that state and local governments are having problems with revenue. That item mentioned that stepped-up traffic enforcement, including noise regulations, might be a solution. And I'd bet every state has some sort of regulation prohibiting "excess noise." Even more interesting, there was comment that the enforcement people were asking offending riders where the illegal exhausts had been installed. Then they were going after the dealers or mechanics who had done it, and hitting them with much larger fines.

IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #22 - 03/11/09 at 13:53:08

I made only the most casual of references to state and local laws. There are fifty states, lots more counties, and untold cities and villages. Any of them may make their own laws. But the Federal regulation still says if it is louder than stock, even if it otherwise would pass under the decibel requirement, it is illegal. States and cities don't usually enforce the Federal rules, because they can't collect the fines. But some localities are enacting their own ordinances echoing the Federal rules, and then enforcing them. Allegedly, some have gone as far as impounding bikes with loud exhausts, not just writing fix-it tickets. Every loud pipe out there causes ill will for every motorcyclist, not just the loud guys.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
mrplease
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 03/11/09 at 14:09:26

well thats a whole other subject right there. currently there are 22 states trying to pass a bill to get their own sovereignity which will get the federal law out of their state and let the states decide their own laws. just last week oklahoma was the first state to get it passed thru congress. they still have to go thru senate now. but there are more and more states doing this. point is, the state law enforcement will not enforce a federal law especially as minor as this over their own state law. so if its legal in your state you will be fine!

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #24 - 03/11/09 at 14:26:16

Hmmmm  I'm wondering what decibel level our stock bike really is. Huh

My friend has a Stock Honda Spirit 750 and it's louder than the stock LS650 .......  

Or in other words,  there is a Fed sound limit and I'm wondering if Suzuki over engineered it for a considerable margin .  

Does anyone have a stock bike and a sound decibel meter (that is in calibration)????

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
rodeoman
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 03/11/09 at 18:42:18

well right or wrong I've had cops (in there cruzers) pull up next to me and tell me how nice they thought my bike sounded, although thay did have to yell over the sound of the jardine... botom line if you and your wife dig it and its worth the risk then FU** the law, there are to many ppl on here trying to sound smarter than they realy are, you've probibly been on two wheels long enuf to know to"proform mods at own risk" and there are plenty of ppl doing much worse things than puting on a loud pipe!! like I say, if you and your wife dig it and you have thought about the risk then do it if your woried about the law then go back to stock...it's up to you, I know the choice that I made and I'm happy with it!!! Wink

IP Logged
mrplease
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 03/11/09 at 19:24:45

yeah cool!

thats basically how i figure it. hopefully she likes the sound of the jardine. and i will have the stock exhaust just in case we will need it. but if she doesn't like the jardine then someone here will get a good deal on a practically new exhaust that sounds great!

rodeoman wrote on 03/11/09 at 18:42:18:
well right or wrong I've had cops (in there cruzers) pull up next to me and tell me how nice they thought my bike sounded, although thay did have to yell over the sound of the jardine... botom line if you and your wife dig it and its worth the risk then FU** the law, there are to many ppl on here trying to sound smarter than they realy are, you've probibly been on two wheels long enuf to know to"proform mods at own risk" and there are plenty of ppl doing much worse things than puting on a loud pipe!! like I say, if you and your wife dig it and you have thought about the risk then do it if your woried about the law then go back to stock...it's up to you, I know the choice that I made and I'm happy with it!!! Wink

IP Logged
Savage Eddie

Custom Bob's ROCK!

40 miles west of Chicago
Reply #27 - 03/11/09 at 21:07:58

I'm down for that Jardine, the bottom of mine is all rust pitted and i need a new one STAT! (keep me posted) i love the sound of mine and would defiantly recommend it...

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #28 - 03/14/09 at 05:34:02

mrplease wrote on 02/26/09 at 21:15:46:
well i just bought my wife her first bike for her b-day today. (its sitting in my cousins garage until her b-day on the 14th)

So.....  we are waiting with baited breath.... did she like it????????

T Mack

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
doc5446

Into the night...

Randolph, Ohio
Reply #29 - 03/14/09 at 07:12:09

Loud pipes save lives! FTP!

K&N air filter, stage 1 jet set, SuperTrapp megaphone exhaust, solo seat w/ clothespin springs, stainless seatpan w/ fenderbib.1971 CB front fender and mirror.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 02:37:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › just got my wife a 2005 s40 for her b-day! (pics)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.