Send Topic Print
Not sold on drag bars (Read 270 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Not sold on drag bars
Reply #15 - 02/25/09 at 11:00:18

Those are stock or some stuff you made/found.
Yes I'd definetly agree it fits like a glove.
I'm not crazy about that forward angle though, do they rotate when you hit the brakes ?
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #16 - 02/25/09 at 11:19:04

I remember riding a friends Savage with buckhorns and I felt so disconnected with the front end.  I like that hand position when driving a car but not riding a bike.  Others will feel the oppposite.  

But, after 5 riser designs, 3 different handlebar styles x 4 different lengths of the bars, I found the perfect setup for me- 6.5" risers with broomstick slightly wider than shoulder width.     

Basically along the lines of what Srinath wrote a few posts ago.  Smiley

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #17 - 02/25/09 at 11:32:05

When I first got my Savage,  I sat down and thought these bars $%#.  But, then realized that the factory position was tipped back.

I tipped them forward and that made the bike much much nicer.  It put the turn pivot more in the line of the triple trees and took my elbows out of my chest.

I can't have the broom stick style, my shoulders would feel it after riding a bit.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #18 - 02/25/09 at 11:50:42

Diamond Jim - those mirrors are so cool.
And what guage is that, why does it have a rounded top ? S40 guage is like that ?
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #19 - 02/25/09 at 13:59:39

Srinath, here's the speedo visor is used.  It's a 4" visor for an 18 wheeler light accessory.  Cost me $4 at a truck stop outside of Atlanta.  I had to grind down the three spots for the screw holes wiht a dremel til they were flat with the ring.  It then sits nicely between the speedo and housing.  The speedo covers the three spots I gounded down.  It adds a custom look to the bland speedo housing.  

http://prostores1.megawebservers.com/eastcoasttruckstuff_com/-strse-274/Unite...

The turn signals are on the front side of the mirrors.  The covers have a smoke tint.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 20:16:13

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Not sold on drag bars

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.