Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
oh sh1t oh sh1t what did I do???? (Read 451 times)
Simon
YaBB Newbies

Bensalem Pa
oh sh1t oh sh1t what did I do????
02/22/09 at 20:42:43

ok first off i know im an idiot, and now that that was said heres the story.  I was pulling the head to replace my leaking plug cap, and in my rush missed one bolt, which for the record was a little hidden.  Ok so i missed a bolt and asked my brother for help which I told him that I thought I had all of the bolts out, now he was in a hurry b/c it was his lunch break from work so he didnt look over everything to well and he also came to the conclusion that all of the bolts were out.  So we were trying to get the head off with 1 bolt in and finally he looked and the chrome bolt on the side os the engine which he took out.  Thats my problem, he took it out all of the way and then relised it held something in so he put it back.. Needless to say we soon relised I forgot a bolt and the head came off without a problem, but what my question is, do I need to tear into the motor b/c of him removing this bolt, did that drop something in the motor???
heres a pic of the bolt im talking about
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p175/nomic61/untitled0.jpg

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: oh sh1t oh sh1t what did I do????
Reply #1 - 02/22/09 at 21:08:24

I see you got manual... lol... did you read it?

Take the clutch cover off, grab hold of the adjuster guide, push it up a little bit, wiggle generously, jamb the bolt back in when you see holes line up.

That's the pivot bolt for the rear chain guide.  That guide can't go very far unless you pull real hard twist turn pull again.  And maybe take the chain out too.  oh and since you're the newb extrodinaire, put some rags down in the bottom holes to avoid dropping parts into the oil sump.  They're very hard to find in there.  Very little light.

BTW: have you changed the air in your tires lately?  It's recommended for the best gas mileage.

WWW   IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Reply #2 - 02/22/09 at 22:46:51

Now why didnt someone tell me about that I have 8000 and have never changed the air in the tires.

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #3 - 02/22/09 at 22:54:00

Oh yes. Needs to be changed weekly. For best results, remove valve core and roll the bike around a bit, to make sure all of the old air is out of the tires. Then replace core and reinflate to proper PSI. Just be careful. It really pisses 'em off at the service station when they think you're just rollin in for a top off, and you go through that whole procedure.
Cheesy
Oh, and don't forget to rotate your tires!

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
Gary On A Savage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Only 15 mins riding
could save you $$$
in Dr bills

Fresno, California
Reply #4 - 02/22/09 at 23:01:36

Dj12midnit wrote on 02/22/09 at 22:46:51:
Now why didnt someone tell me about that I have 8000 and have never changed the air in the tires.

You obviously haven't read the owners manual have you.  It's right there in the specs on page...ummm...26 I think.  "Manufacturer recommend tire air change is 3000 miles or 6 months, whichever is sooner.  Air is to be drained COMPLETELY and refilled with fresh, oxygen rich air.  Synthetic air is not recommended and may void the warranty."  

Personally,  I use synthetic air anyway, and I don't change my air unless I get a flat.  I've found you get more longevity from synthetic air and the manufacturer is just trying to force you to spend money on their "recommended" brand of air.

'95 Savage with the lowered, full fender look
'96 Honda Shadow 1100 ACE
My Riding Blog: http://garyonasavage.blogspot.com/
WWW   IP Logged
WoodLark
YaBB Newbies

Earth is the insane
asylum of the
universe!

South Carolina, USA
Reply #5 - 02/23/09 at 05:53:29

While you're at it, one very effective mod is to replace that tire air with Helium. Your gas mileage should increase dramatically since it takes less energy to move a lighter bike! Hydrogen would be even better, but may have unwanted side effects (loud BOOMing noises). Roll Eyes

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #6 - 02/23/09 at 06:44:54

I'm rolling with 40% OEM air and 60% aftermarket air.  It seems like a good mix.  I might try 30/70 next month.  If I don't like it I'll order some OEM air and take it back to 40/60.  I'll ebay any left over OEM air if anyone is interested.

IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #7 - 02/23/09 at 06:59:15

Man you guys are nuts. This is how I roll!!! Takes a lot of work to get everything just right, but so worth it in the end.

Nitrogen (N2) 78.084%

Oxygen (O2) 20.946%

Argon (Ar) 0.934%

Carbon dioxide (CO2) 0.0383 %

Neon (Ne) 0.001818 %

Helium (He) 0.000524 %

Methane (CH4) 0.0001745 %

Krypton (Kr) 0.000114%

Hydrogen (H2) 0.000055 %

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #8 - 02/23/09 at 09:13:18

I tap into the hot air on this board. It spins those tires like mad.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #9 - 02/23/09 at 09:23:48

Savage_Amusement wrote on 02/23/09 at 06:59:15:
Man you guys are nuts. This is how I roll!!! Takes a lot of work to get everything just right, but so worth it in the end.

Nitrogen (N2) 78.084%

Oxygen (O2) 20.946%

Argon (Ar) 0.934%

Carbon dioxide (CO2) 0.0383 %

Neon (Ne) 0.001818 %

Helium (He) 0.000524 %

Methane (CH4) 0.0001745 %

Krypton (Kr) 0.000114%

Hydrogen (H2) 0.000055 %

I like that custom performance air mix.  I might try it.  I especially like that several of those gases you have available at any time should you need it whereas I have to buy and properly store mine.  For instance, the carbon dioxide can be provided via your lungs and you can add it as necessary by simply putting your lips on the valve stem and blowing.  Same with the methane.  Only you carry it in your... ah, well... um... and you get the methane in the tire by... well... you gotta hold the valve stem firmly and...uh... well... you'll figure it out.  Just takes a little practice and some serious flexibility I guess.  May I suggest you add the carbon dioxide before the methane though.

You know, on second thought, I think I'll just stick with my air mix.  

IP Logged
Simon
YaBB Newbies

Bensalem Pa
Reply #10 - 02/23/09 at 11:52:35

lol i guess i do deserve all of that ball busting, but thanx guys, i do have a manual but its only in pdf and it was a pain to find the exact spot with the info i needed so i thought this would be eaier.  Thanks again

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #11 - 02/23/09 at 12:07:12

Thanks for being the but of a joke that's becoming more assinine by the moment.  Really lifted my spirits, thanks all for your participation.

SL, you got enough hot air to supply the entire board, I don't know why you'd be siphoning any off from here.

WWW   IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #12 - 02/23/09 at 12:12:15

You Rock, Simon.  Glad you've got a great sense of humor.  

It's verslagen's fault, though.  He started it!  Grin

IP Logged
Gary On A Savage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Only 15 mins riding
could save you $$$
in Dr bills

Fresno, California
Reply #13 - 02/23/09 at 14:24:33

Simon wrote on 02/23/09 at 11:52:35:
lol i guess i do deserve all of that ball busting, but thanx guys, i do have a manual but its only in pdf and it was a pain to find the exact spot with the info i needed so i thought this would be eaier.  Thanks again

Glad you enjoyed your "official" welcome to the board.  You passed your initiation (you didn't get offended and leave).  Just remember, there's no stupid question...well.. ok... maybe there is.... but we'll DEFINITELY let you know if it is!   Wink

Hope you got everything back together.

'95 Savage with the lowered, full fender look
'96 Honda Shadow 1100 ACE
My Riding Blog: http://garyonasavage.blogspot.com/
WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #14 - 02/23/09 at 14:31:44

I like the liquid nitrogen myself; works as an air conditioner in the summer, cools down the adult beverages when stopped for the day, and even if you loose some then part of the remainder will evaporate into a gas and fill the void.   Cheesy

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 00:30:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › oh sh1t oh sh1t what did I do????

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.