Battery Question (Read 93 times)
jinla
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Los Angeles
Battery Question
02/22/09 at 15:19:18

Hi everyone, I am wondering approximately how long of a ride do you have to take to charge the battery?

I'm currently taking 15minute trips back and forth from school, is that enough time or is it draining the battery? I'm going to buy a battery tender when I save some money.

Thanks for letting me know.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Battery Question
Reply #1 - 02/22/09 at 16:50:21

I think that's enough,.... you'll find out soon....

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Reply #2 - 02/22/09 at 17:04:12

Lets get this out there. If your battery is run down no mater how long you ride it will not get fully charged. running only puts a surface change on it. Where as it will allow you to start the bike the battery will discharge much faster.

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #3 - 02/22/09 at 18:14:37

jinla wrote on 02/22/09 at 15:19:18:
Hi everyone, I am wondering approximately how long of a ride do you have to take to charge the battery?....

I ride 3.5 miles to work, 10-15 minutes depending on how I hit the lights.  3.6 miles to get back home.  My shopping runs are even shorter -- Lowes 2.1 miles, Smart & Final 1.9, Walgreens 1.4, Ralphs / Target 1.2.  Over four years and the only battery problems stem from leaving the ignition/lights on when parked.

WWW   IP Logged
Savage Eddie

Custom Bob's ROCK!

40 miles west of Chicago
Reply #4 - 02/22/09 at 20:23:50

Dj12midnit wrote on 02/22/09 at 17:04:12:
Lets get this out there. If your battery is run down no mater how long you ride it will not get fully charged. running only puts a surface change on it. Where as it will allow you to start the bike the battery will discharge much faster.

agreed! the charging system doesn't work like a car. the best way is to trickle charge if you killed the battery or replace it if its old and worn out.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 02/22/09 at 20:58:06

hmmm, the cold landers say not enough juice to charge a battery.   :'(
And the hot landers say it's always charged.   Cool

I've heard of over cooked batteries, and I've heard not enough juice to run over a 120 watts of lights.   Shocked

Since you live in the land of heat, follow our rules, run 10 to 15 minites a day at a fun time clip and you'll won't go wrong.   Grin

Land of cold sucks...

life...

out of batteries.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
88pagan

God is just an
imaginary friend for
adults..

Norco, California
Reply #6 - 02/22/09 at 21:30:55

Verslagen..you give me a laugh lots of times with the stuff you write. I'm gonna go change my air now, my mpg is a little low haha. How do you know the op is from the heat like us?

96 Bobber - Screamin Eagle, header wrap, K+N cone filter, jetted, straight bar w/1.5" risers, solo seat, Ed. L fwd ctrls, custom rear fender, TKat, Metallic charcoal and polished all over.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #7 - 02/22/09 at 22:07:30

Can't promise a perfect memory, but I've read almost every contribution made over the past 2 years, and I like to see where people are from.  People seem to have different problems depending where they are at.  Sometimes it's environmental, sometimes social.

I was reminded how westerners and easteners (US) handle earthquakes.  An eastener asked me how I knew the difference between an earthquake and the 60 ton press going off.  BTW this feels like someone dropping the floor and inch and you suddenly falling back to it, every 5 seconds.  I related back to when the ground really shook... yes I worked at a place right next door the train tracks.  When ever freight trains when by, we had to pass out valium to the easteners.  Back then the answer was quite simple, if the shaking lasts for a minute then it's a train, relax, if it only lasts a few seconds then panic run out of the building screaming with arms held high.   Huh
Now the typical western response is to pick up ones coffee roll the chair back into the aile just in case the desk falls over and to get out from under the lights.   Roll Eyes

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 00:29:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Battery Question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.