Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
96 Savage Bobber (Read 1646 times)
Savage Eddie

Custom Bob's ROCK!

40 miles west of Chicago
Re: 96 Savage Bobber
Reply #15 - 02/22/09 at 09:12:38

just a update, i picked this skull up on ebay last night. im headed out to the local parts store to find a couple 150 watt halogen lights for the eyes. i may do a red or green LED inside the skull to make it glow out the mouth (switched of course). i plan on painting this chrome and black before its installed....

IP Logged
ero4444

weekender

Reply #16 - 02/22/09 at 14:57:10

alas poor Yorick, I barely knew ye before ye were turned into a headlamp

c2001, 3800miles, 3rd owner, adjusted idle, raised seat, Tkat brace, Raptor petcock, cleaned carb, replaced some jets, Dyna muffler, Fiamm horns, Shinkos, future Ed L. forward controls, fork boots.
  IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #17 - 02/22/09 at 15:44:32

Wow!  Now that will be the mother of all mods.

IP Logged
Savage Eddie

Custom Bob's ROCK!

40 miles west of Chicago
Reply #18 - 02/27/09 at 21:29:34

Just wanted to update you guys (and girls) on bobber project, i started the tear down and received the skull off ebay ($14.00) and well....heres some pics

im going to use the turn signal brackets to mount the skull, im still searching for the perfect lighting for the eyes, i found a site that has high powered fog lights with red angel eyes but im trying not to spend 200 bucks for a budget bike! the skull will be mounted a little higher (its just resting there) to make room for the open jaw....

im going to the art store tomorrow to price a airbrush to start the tank and skull, picking up the 99 savage next week to start that tear down and conversion. i think ill be using that frame due to the amount of rust pitting on this one. the exhaust bolts snapped in the head during removal....i saw that coming! ill have a extra parts list in the marketplace when im done. lots of work but fun as hell!!

ill post more as i go!

IP Logged
Savage Eddie

Custom Bob's ROCK!

40 miles west of Chicago
Reply #19 - 02/27/09 at 21:36:43

also found some pics of what this bike looked like when i got it....

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #20 - 02/28/09 at 04:42:20

Sweet.  I love it!  That's a lot of work.  I'd recommend running a relay and separate wiring for the fog lights.  Otherwise, using the stock headlight wiring to light up two fog lights would probably be too much of a load on the wiring and switch.  But you look like you know exactly what your doing.   Smiley

I'm in the middle of doing a headlight mod myself.  I'm also using the turn signal fork clamps for the mount.  I had to reverse the mounts which meant lowering the forks, turning the clamps around and putting it back together.  I'll try to post some progress pics.  

« Last Edit: 02/28/09 at 06:48:25 by diamond jim »  
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #21 - 02/28/09 at 05:41:31

Wicked! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Savage Eddie

Custom Bob's ROCK!

40 miles west of Chicago
Reply #22 - 02/28/09 at 09:17:54

thanks! darn im excited about this, like a kid in a Savage store!
And actually the fog lights should come with a wiring kit that i can use. at least most of them i looked at did and ill just use the headlight switch instead of the toggle switch that comes with the kit.
Any thoughts on red or green LED lighting? cant decide which would look better on a black bob
And last, i still need to decide on a louder exhaust. im going to go through the past posts on this. i dont want to ruin the performance or damage anything by installing a drag pipe and baffle....

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #23 - 02/28/09 at 12:04:59

Don't know about LED color.  Green doesn't sound that good but I've never seen it except in pics so it might be sweet.  Red might cause some problems with the police due to colored lights and codes.  May not be a problem for you.  Regarding the pipe, it seems to me that 90% of the potential performance enhancements for this bike, external to the engine, are found on the inlet side, not the exhaust side. Carb mods and air filter mods seem to have the biggest effect, either good or bad, depending on how they are set up.   This is based on a good bit of my own personal experimentation and observation.  I don't think even a semi-poorly designed exhaust would have that much effect on this engine if the carb and intake are set up well.

IP Logged
Savage Eddie

Custom Bob's ROCK!

40 miles west of Chicago
Reply #24 - 03/02/09 at 16:52:29

just another update, purchased a airbrush and compressor this weekend and started practicing, im hoping i get the hang of this soon cause im dying to get the tank, skull and frame painted...

first ones freehand, the second two were stencil and freehand attempts, im at it again tonight!!

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #25 - 03/02/09 at 18:51:00

Are you saying that airbrushing is new to you?  Cause those 3 airbrushed pics look bad a$$.

IP Logged
savageclay

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

South Carolina
Reply #26 - 03/02/09 at 19:33:05

Good work on the bobber!

Thought I would show you my two.

IP Logged
Savage Eddie

Custom Bob's ROCK!

40 miles west of Chicago
Reply #27 - 03/02/09 at 20:36:55

diamond jim wrote on 03/02/09 at 18:51:00:
Are you saying that airbrushing is new to you?  Cause those 3 airbrushed pics look bad a$$.  

yup, first time! Ive been drawing since i was a kid and designed my first tattoos, never tried painting but i knew with a little practice i could master the airbrush and paint my own tank. i hope...lol

and Clay, those are fricken awesome! i wish more Savage riders were close to Chicago, my buddy has a 84 honda bobber loud enough to set car alarms off....the looks we get...lol

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #28 - 03/02/09 at 22:35:21

Nice bikes, Clay.  Did you build both of them?

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #29 - 03/03/09 at 13:45:41

Savage Eddie wrote on 03/02/09 at 16:52:29:
just another update, purchased a airbrush and compressor this weekend and started practicing, im hoping i get the hang of this soon cause im dying to get the tank, skull and frame painted...

http://forums.c420.com/download/file.php?id=213
http://forums.c420.com/download/file.php?id=217
http://forums.c420.com/download/file.php?id=216

first ones freehand, the second two were stencil and freehand attempts, im at it again tonight!!

I bow to your mad airbrush skills! Shocked  I have a lot of respect for artistic folks, since I'm the sort who can make stick figures look bad. Tongue  

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 20:17:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 96 Savage Bobber

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.