Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Temporary Solution? Help is greatly appreciated (Read 89 times)
jinla
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Los Angeles
Temporary Solution? Help is greatly appreciated
02/16/09 at 20:36:42

Hi, Jay from Los Angeles here. verslagen1 has kindly offered to help me with my oil leak problem on my recently-purchased '86 (I think its the common plug problem many of you have experienced). However, I still have to get the title from the previous owner and am not able to make it out to verslagen's place b/c its pretty far from me. In the meantime, I have been running it around my neighborhood to keep the battery from dying.
The oil has been making a mess... it's getting on the exhaust header and making some nasty burn marks (which I can't clean off-hopefully its not permanent), also getting all over my shoes and socks.

Do you know of any temporary solutions to this?
A sealer perhaps? Thanks for your input

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Re: Temporary Solution? Help is greatly appreciate
Reply #1 - 02/17/09 at 05:04:38

Maybe you can use a piece of exhaust tape to cover the plug area for now.  Cut it to size, clean the area with with rubbing alcohol and Q-tips then put a piece on.  Maybe you can cover the top area of the header to keep it from betting burned with oil as well.  I don't know if it would work but it only costs about $3 for a pack and worth a try as a temporary fix.  You can get it at any auto store.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 08:35:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Temporary Solution? Help is greatly appreciated

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.