Minm. Ignition (Read 252 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Minm. Ignition
Reply #15 - 02/16/09 at 13:49:24

Does the micro switch replace the starter switch? [/quote]

Yepperz. Just gotta run a hot wire, thru the switch,to one of the wires on the decomp solenoid timer. Theres an always hot little wire under the seat running right next to the decomp timer, so the wiring addition is very limited.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
BigSingle

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Pensacola Florida
Reply #16 - 02/16/09 at 15:27:25

now if someone can breifly explain the decomp. solinoid setup...I thought I understood it till acouple post ago...mostly where it was said that it would still turnover but not start? Undecided    I thought you turned the key over the "timer" "activated" the solnoid (thus letting motor turn over easer) and then you hit starter button and bam it fires off? At one point thought about getting rid of the electronic part of it and doing a "manual" setup where I would just pull a "knob" before starting and let go after....kinda like the choke....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #17 - 02/16/09 at 15:49:58

Because of the way I wired it, I can make it turn over just by running 12 V to the decomp solenoid. Unless a switch sends 12 V to the Ignition, it wont start, so, use another switch. Just have a look at the wiring diagram, youll see which wire it is. Its been too long for me to remember & I dont feel like pulling the seat or Id drag up the instructi9ons step by step. Sorry.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #18 - 02/16/09 at 18:33:30

I'm gonna do this mod.  Right now I leave my key in the ignition 24/7 and I haven't seen the fork lock keys since maybe 5 minutes after I bought the bike.  I'm more worried about losing the key than losing the bike.  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #19 - 02/17/09 at 16:21:46

Hey, Big Single, I sent you a PM.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 02:19:57

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Minm. Ignition

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.