Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Which Saddlebags for Suzuki OEM Brackets S40 (Read 317 times)
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Re: Which Saddlebags for Suzuki OEM Brackets S40
Reply #15 - 02/11/09 at 08:20:18

I think these are or are like the OEM bags.

Extra large bags look better on a larger bike with a full rear fender.  But a lot of bags that would look fine on a bulky 750 pound cruiser would likely look funny on our bikes without adding some mass on the back like a full fender and backrest.

If you do get larger bags I suggest you get some that follow the rear shock and rear fender lines.  Following the lines will minimize the bags looking too big.  Maybe something like these (at about $700 new though):

Here are some OEM C50 bags at about $300 new.

Both of those larger bags have about the same height and width of my River Road bags but they are about and inch wider (measured from the fender outward).  They'll give you maybe a 15% increase in storage area but usually cost a lot more.

Now for some examples that I don't like:

The "Hi, I'm the world's coolest grandpa" look:

Or the, 'I used to be a hippie now I'm the world coolest granpa" look:

WTF?  Did Sacagawea have a bike?:

IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Re: Which Saddlebags for Suzuki OEM Brackets S40
Reply #16 - 02/11/09 at 08:23:20

Nice examples. Smiley

I'll probably stick with the regular sized bags... I can always add a sissybar bag combo if I need more room.

I'm planning a trip with a good car friend of mine who just picked up his first bike. His family owns a cabin on the PA/NY border, right next to a lake and wants to make a trip there. If nothing else, we'll just have someone follow in a car or something. Wink

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 13:31:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Which Saddlebags for Suzuki OEM Brackets S40

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.