Send Topic Print
exhaust header (Read 100 times)
tercel29
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

exhaust header
02/08/09 at 17:46:57

I'm tuning up my Savage and I want to find a complete exhaust system or at least a header pipe since, I've found alot of slip on mufflers. Does anyone know where I might find performance header pipes for the savage? I'm also looking for a gel seat or something more comfortable to sit on any suggestions? thanks

IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Re: exhaust header
Reply #1 - 02/08/09 at 18:05:44

Raask offers a performance pipe for the Savage... But to the tune of $650 shipped (comes from overseas) makes it a little expensive.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #2 - 02/08/09 at 18:17:47

Just about any aftermarket pipe, including the HD mufflers, will improve performance.  However, you mentioned a performance header.  I'm guessing you mean an exhaust system that includes the header portion.  If you mean specifically a "performance header" itself which I would interpret as having a larger diameter in which to move more air, I imagine it wouldn't make much difference unless you already had the performance cam, carb, etc., installed.

IP Logged
tercel29
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 02/08/09 at 19:24:50

I have already rejetted the carb, but I'm going to switch to the performance carb on this site. I'm looking to get more power through out the band but mostly a little more top end for easier highway cruising. I read about how small the ID on the stock header pipe is and after checking it out I'd like something bigger. unfortunately outside of having one custom made I'm not sure how to get one. Simontuffguy suggested one from raask which is a little steep, plus its one solid pipe and I'd like to be able to change mufflers if need be.

IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #4 - 02/08/09 at 19:27:40

Raask makes a new pipe for the Savage that is in 2 pieces. Not sure on the prices though. Could be cheaper since the box would be smaller to ship.

http://www.raask.se/sls.htm

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #5 - 02/08/09 at 21:00:40

I have an older RAASK head pipe. It was the 50MM one I believe, I cut the last foot off and used it for a head pipe for a HD FXD muffler. When I finally cooked that mufflers baffles out I happened to look down the pipe and the inner tubing was burned through near the bend. I found a replacement OE pipe and noticed the RAASK sitting in the shed the other day. If you think you can gut the innards out, it will give you a nice big pipe and its yours for postage. Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 02/08/09 at 21:33:18

Honestly, re-jetting and a high air flow exhaust just give you more top end for highway driving. Before re-jetting I could barely do 100km/h after I could reach 130km/h no prob. But the bike is not any faster. It loses at bottom end. I did however buy a vm mikuni carb, plus the dial a jet and UFO from thunder products. All this is supposed to give about 1 horse power increase per 100cc of displacement. As for a gel seat, they are about 200$on ebay or you could look at my easiest ever gel seat mod which should still be in this section if not moved to the how to section. Either way good luck on your search.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 06:18:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › exhaust header

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.