Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
cap plug (Read 118 times)
kennycreed
Alliance Member

Island Of Lewis SCOTLAND
cap plug
02/05/09 at 02:21:02

I saw a alloy swedish head oil cap plug on the forum somewhere and can't find it. Would anybody know if it was a one off or are they manufactred for the LS, and if so could anybody have an address as it would be my answer to fit it, as the plastic rubber one we have heats softens shrinks and distorts with the running of the engine and it is only a matter of time untill even a new one leak's. Maybe the guy who made it is selling them, I would like to get in touch with him,,cheers Smiley

trying to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: cap plug
Reply #1 - 02/05/09 at 02:52:54

Verslagen has made one -- ask him about it.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 02/05/09 at 07:13:26

Nope haven't made one yet, juggling too many plates.
I asked, and got answered, maybe with the reference kenny is asking about.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 02/05/09 at 07:30:00

found the reference:

SV og LS wrote on 01/10/09 at 02:32:51:
verslagen1 wrote on 01/02/09 at 16:47:47:
what do ya guys think about making an aluminum plug and seal it with o-rings?

It should work well. I knew I'd seen it somewhere and had to search a bit, this is Finnish version of a alloy plug.

My thought is that if the plug is low profile enough you might be able to pop it out replace the o-ring and pop it back it.  I know you can pop it out with a specially bent rod, at least with the head cover off.  Need to find time to check it with cover on.

WWW   IP Logged
kennycreed
Alliance Member

Island Of Lewis SCOTLAND
Reply #4 - 02/05/09 at 16:27:53

Got it and THANKS it looks just the job, got my daughter to print the picture, so I will be going up to our local tech college tomorrow

With a bit of ally bar and the picture and the cap, and some pretty fancy words to get the students in a flap, to lovingly construct a bonnie little plug, that'll keep the oil internal and a BIG grin on my mug,,,,,,,,,

trying to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #5 - 02/05/09 at 16:44:09

Help me understand. My plug appears to be leaking, I have not took the tank off, but the oil is in the right place.

Will this plug replace the cap I get from suzuki?  More importantly, can it be installed without taking the whole thing a part?  I guess Kenny is going to have his made, but is it available anywhere?

Thanks
Mike

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 02/05/09 at 21:19:45

OK, had a moment to look at it (amazing what you can do with a spare engine in pieces on a bench)
1st, the design of the plug prevents it from being blown in. (just in case someone shooting rpgs at you, wouldn't want to start leaking oil cause of that) So while we may make something to replace it, getting it out will still require taking the cover off.
2, the screw that you not supposed to remove when removing the head cover is over it, a little to one side.

So I had a plastic plug left over from something I bought and it fit in very loosely.  Mod'd the cap so it was just a thin lip and drop it in the hole.  Placed the cover back on the head to test to see if I can get it out.  Yes, I can pop it out from under neath.  Reach in with a forceps and work it out between the valves.

So it's very promising replacement.  I'd use that "do not disturb" screw to hold it in place.  Just need to replace it with one long enough.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 00:21:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › cap plug

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.