Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Raw gas/oil mix dumping out airbox (Read 82 times)
06bully
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Raw gas/oil mix dumping out airbox
02/04/09 at 17:56:25

Hi guys, i tried a search but didnt come up with much.  My problem is i have a gas/oil mix dumping out of my airbox, and when i say dumping i mean probably up to a gallon a minute.  I traced where the fluids coming from and its coming from a black rubber hose that comes out of the top of the motor.  I took the carb apart and everything seemed alright, is there anything i should look over again in case i missed it?  A side note is that in its current state of dumping fluids it runs better than it ever has.  i did a fresh oil change and it persisted to dump out all of its oil out of the hose.  Let me know what you guys think for curing the problem or if i should start lookin for a new motor.  a side note is its been sitting since october, i did a fresh oil change and ran stabil through it before winter hit. thanks in advance

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Raw gas/oil mix dumping out airbox
Reply #1 - 02/04/09 at 20:19:44

Let me guess... you got a new half helmet and it's the 1st time little miss thumper has seen your face?  jk   Grin

If the carb float ain't sticking then it's the petcock.
pull the vac line off, see if any gas comes out, plug the carb, (change the oil, you don't want to run with diluted oil) and for the time being take the breather hose off the air box (run it to a bucket, yuck) and check your over flow hoses, make sure no bugs have crawled in there a died.  You might just take them off for a test.

Take 2 qts of oil and call me in the morning   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
kennycreed
Alliance Member

Island Of Lewis SCOTLAND
Re: Raw gas/oil mix dumping out airbox
Reply #2 - 02/05/09 at 01:04:23

could you have put the oil filter in back to front Huh

trying to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print