thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Re: Belt Chirp
Reply #15 - 02/02/09 at 18:29:02

went out for first ride of this year(finally above 40 long enuff to melt the black ice)not one chirp, all i did was pump up the tires to specs since last ride was toy run 2weeks b4 xmas..

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Re: Belt Chirp
Reply #16 - 02/03/09 at 07:24:37

My '07 S40 seems to chirp the same way, that is, with power on. It almost seems to chirp at the same rate the engine fires, for what that might be worth. I attempted the method of adjusting the rear wheel alignment to center the belt, but ended up with odd handling. Centering the rear wheel to run in line with the front cured that. Now the belt runs on the left side of the pulleys. Belt tension doesn't seem to matter much - I have tried it with the Suzuki-supplied gauge, and with the 90-degree-twist method and now have it between the two. Note that there is only about one turn of the adjusting bolts difference. Careful listening locates the squeak as coming from the left edge of the front pulley. I tried Dupont's Teflon Multi-use dry wax lubricant, and it seems to work well enough. It is sold as a lubricant for O-ring chains, for which it works also. My long-term solution may well be to lubricate the belt to make it quiet, then sell the bike and call my 250 Ninja prime mover.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 22:23:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Belt Chirp

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.