Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
which jets to use? (Read 55 times)
matt_savage

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

which jets to use?
01/26/09 at 08:54:29

Hello all!  I have a stock 98 savage that I am looking to mod a bit.  I have a K&N style cone filter I am going to swap in as well as a HD sportster SE muffler.  Which jets do you think I will need for my carb?  I am in Richmond, VA and I am looking for the best performance out of my bike with the new free flow air filter and exhaust.  Thanks in advance!

-Matt

IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: which jets to use?
Reply #1 - 01/26/09 at 09:01:03

I have the same setup, using 50 idle, 150 main, and needle at 1/2 of the original. It seems OK so far. It is a trial and error thing, basically. depends on climate, altitude and stock setup. Contact LANCER, he sells jet kits and knows a lot.

IP Logged
Roadrunner17
YaBB Newbies

We are men of
action.  Lies
do not become us.

VA Chesapeake
Re: which jets to use?
Reply #2 - 01/26/09 at 11:51:02

A lot of people here like the replacement jets, because it improves performance.  However for me I favor the standard equipment carb setup, and the fuel economy it gives (that for me is an important component of performance).  I also approve of the K&N mod, and am ok with (not particular one way or the other) with the muffler mod, if its for the sound.  I live in a neighborhood where my neighbors don't like my other neighbors choppers sounds.  If it really does improve flow then I'd approve.
Chesapeake VA.http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Templates/Forum/default/grin.gif

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 23:33:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › which jets to use?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.