Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Jet Set Thread.. (Have You Done it?) (Read 107 times)
Gamma742
YaBB Newbies

2003 Suzuki Savage
LS650

San Diego, CA
Jet Set Thread.. (Have You Done it?)
01/25/09 at 13:57:15

I recently picked up a "Jet Set" from Lancer and installed it on my Savage. I was wondering how many of you have done the Jet Set and which jet you used 50, 52.5 or the 55. It would also be helpful to know what other mods you have done to your Savage as it relates to the.. dare I say "Stage 1" (Harley term).

I have done the following:

1) The two nylon washer mod.
2) Expose and adjust the air/fuel mixture jet.
3) Replace the muffler with a Harley muffler.
4) Lancer's Jet Set Mod using the 52.5

I didn't know which size jet to use???

The one in the 2003 LS650 STOCK was a 45 so I thought I would go middle of the road to start. On the Air/Fuel mixture jet, it is now out a half a turn. I set the idle at the lowest possible and adjusted it to what seemed the strongest then idled it back up.

My bike performance is much improved but it still dies when I come to a stop (it doesn't want to idle when cold) If I idle it up.. It idles too fast when it gets warmed up. Otherwise it's perfect Cool

Any ideas???  

Was supposed to be for the wife, but was it???
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Re: Jet Set Thread.. (Have You Done it?)
Reply #1 - 01/25/09 at 19:09:32

Which jets you use are related to more than what mod's you did to the bike.  It is also related to where in the world you are.

Altitude, temps and humidity all affect the mixture setting.  You will have to play a little and keep checking the sparkplug color.

That said, here on the east side of PA (approx 500 Ft alt), on my 2001,  with stock air-filter and a Harley Turn-out SE clone muffler, with small Drag Specialties baffle, I have a 152 main, two washers in place of the nylon spacer, w/mix screw mod and I have the stock 52.5 pilot/low speed jet.  The low speed jet could be bigger but the 55 that came with Lancers jet-set was to big.  I could use a 53.5 if they made one......  

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Educatedredneck
Alliance Member

Sometimes it's
better to be lucky
than good.

Hampstead, Maryland
Re: Jet Set Thread.. (Have You Done it?)
Reply #2 - 01/25/09 at 20:16:42

I have a 152.5 main with lancer's new low speed jet, (forgot what the number is), backed out the air screw about 2 turns, and I'm running a drag pipe with a see - thru baffle.    Runs great, probably a bit on the rich side.  I removed the plastic washer and replaced it with 1 - #4 washer.

1997 Savage - Hard Chrome Drag Pipe, Seat Mod, 152.5 main, 1 - #4 washer, Di Hard Battery, T-Kat, 1" Drag Bar
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 14:38:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Jet Set Thread.. (Have You Done it?)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.