Send Topic Print
forward controls (Read 84 times)
cornfuzed

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

grinnin from coast to coast
forward controls
01/23/09 at 06:13:23

Hey out there, once again another question.. shocking i know... when purchasing the required bolts for the forward controls, the gent asked me a question that made me look like a deer in headlights...  coarse thread or fine?    So im posing that question here for the gurus.. would you go with coarse thread or fine for the bolts to install the forward controls ?
thanks for any input

"The Finest battle implement ever devised." Ung the Caveman on the M1 Pointy Stick
2008 S40
1996 Royal Star
  IP Logged
88pagan

God is just an
imaginary friend for
adults..

Norco, California
Re: forward controls
Reply #1 - 01/23/09 at 06:25:39

Are you referring to Ed.L's forward controls? If I remember correctly, the only bolt that matters is the one that goes on the left side of the bike from the bottom by the oil drain plug. Other than that, I think all of the others require a new bolt AND nut  so it doesn't matter what you get as long as they match.

96 Bobber - Screamin Eagle, header wrap, K+N cone filter, jetted, straight bar w/1.5" risers, solo seat, Ed. L fwd ctrls, custom rear fender, TKat, Metallic charcoal and polished all over.
  IP Logged
savagedml

Paid Alliance
Membership (07/09)

Portsmouth, VA
Reply #2 - 01/23/09 at 06:25:43

Fine or "machine" threads would require more revolutions before they vibrated or backed off whereas Course threads are less thread per mm of length however are deeper cut if you were worried about them stripping off. All in all, if you have a matching lock washer and nut it shouldn't really matter.

Paid Alliance Membership (07/09)
"Let's roll!"
WWW funluvncareertech   IP Logged
88pagan

God is just an
imaginary friend for
adults..

Norco, California
Reply #3 - 01/23/09 at 06:27:10

You beat me savaged..haha. But I forgot to add, use nylon lock nuts on all of em too.

96 Bobber - Screamin Eagle, header wrap, K+N cone filter, jetted, straight bar w/1.5" risers, solo seat, Ed. L fwd ctrls, custom rear fender, TKat, Metallic charcoal and polished all over.
  IP Logged
cornfuzed

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

grinnin from coast to coast
Reply #4 - 01/23/09 at 06:40:33

Great thanks guys, yes its for Ed L's. Ok ill go with the fine thread, thats a good point.
thanks

"The Finest battle implement ever devised." Ung the Caveman on the M1 Pointy Stick
2008 S40
1996 Royal Star
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 06:58:42

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › forward controls

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.