ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Road Hazards
Reply #15 - 01/08/09 at 08:21:25

daweise1 wrote on 01/07/09 at 20:23:02:
I work for Victoria Secret Home offices in Columbus, the parent company is Limitedbrands.....

Yes, they are always hiring it seems.......

Los Angeles branch?

Wages good, or just perky... I mean good perks?

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #16 - 01/08/09 at 10:07:25

I ran over a full sheet of plywood once,... going over an overpass in traffic, surfed it for about a foot... on the Savage.....,.found god for minute ....

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 01/08/09 at 13:56:30

My dad was a company man in the oilfield, watching after several rigs & ran just over 100,000 miles up on his car one year. He didnt obey the speed limit much. One night he saw an object in the road & couldnt miss it completely, so he decided to take it dead center, so he wouldnt risk getting flipped. It was an 18wheelers spare, rim & tire, all aired up.That thing went up under the car, lifting the front tires off the ground. The sidewall of a truck tire offers a lot of traction & he said the car stopped, REAL QUICK!! Tore the heck outta the front end (suspension,steering). IIRC, he had to get another car.

Bringing the Matrix home last night I saw something in the road & was glad I had no oncoming so I could swerve wide. When I got about 50 feet away it became clear enough. Some guy was just bent over & appeared to be tying a shoe. Wadda Maroon! Dark clothes, stopped, in the road, IJJITT!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #18 - 01/10/09 at 11:01:38

Riding to work one day two years ago.  

This small pick-up with an old guy in, going about same speed as me (50'ish) all of a sudden he slows way down.  Well, I go from the comfortable 2 second spacing to "too close" real fast.   I'm trying to get some distance between us again when ..... from under the center of truck comes a freshly run over ground-hog.   At 30-40'ish, you have no time......  I ran over it ... dead center of the tire,  direct hit ....  I was off the seat only a few inches but it felt like those extreme motocross jumps you see on TV.   Somehow I came back down and the bike just wobbled a little as I got my senses.       WTF went thru my mind.....  and the "I'm alive" thought we've all had.  

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #19 - 01/10/09 at 12:42:12

The biggest road hazards I've seen are young girls and old ladies,neither one knows what they want to do.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #20 - 01/10/09 at 13:39:47

bill67 wrote on 01/10/09 at 12:42:12:
  The biggest road hazards I've seen are young girls ....

Got that right!  Young girl was walking down the sidewalk and when I looked back at traffic it had stopped and I went down in a panic stop.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 01:18:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Road Hazards

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.