Suzuki Windshield (Read 372 times)
BBQGeo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lake Havasu City, AZ
Suzuki Windshield
01/03/09 at 14:07:07

I've been riding and enjoying my new 08 S40 for the last couple of months. I think I may want to install a windshield and have done a search on here. Everyone just says they installed "a windshield" without calling out a brand or type. Is anyone using the factory Suzuki one and what do you think of it? Any ideas would be welcome.

George

IP Logged
Jimmer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NewportPa.
Re: Suzuki Windshield
Reply #1 - 01/03/09 at 15:46:56

Hey BBQ
I put a Maier cruiser style on my savage. Tinted model purchased from JC Whitneys. No complaints, easy to mount and it does not distract from the bikes looks.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #2 - 01/03/09 at 16:03:05

have the oem from national cycle on my 06..kinda small at highway speeds..like the fork mount feature..

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
SavRon

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ohio
Reply #3 - 01/03/09 at 16:11:37

I have this one installed on my bike. Brand name is Spitfire. Search Ebay for Suzuki Savage Windshield. Several will come up, clear or tinted. Price varies, but average is $70.00

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #4 - 01/03/09 at 16:42:46

BBQGeo wrote on 01/03/09 at 14:07:07:
.... I think I may want to install a windshield and have done a search on here. Everyone just says they installed "a windshield" without calling out a brand or type.....

ahhh....  no.

Lots of threads very specific as to make and model of windshields.  Try searching again using these settings:

Pulled 36 threads, many quite informative.

WWW   IP Logged
ATLjan
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 01/03/09 at 18:24:02

Had an oem Suzi windshield on my '04 when I bought it last April.  It was MUCH better than none but I wanted more coverage and opted for a National Cycle Plexifairing and LOVE it.

IP Logged
BBQGeo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lake Havasu City, AZ
Reply #6 - 01/03/09 at 19:19:57

Thanks Paladin for your help. Guess I have a lot to learn about using the search on here. Getting some good ideas from the past posts.

George

IP Logged
sjaskow - FSO

Frozen Tundra of MN
Reply #7 - 01/04/09 at 13:59:38

I've got the Suzuki OEM on an '06.  Makes a big difference at 70+ on the highway.  However, if I regularly rode in the below 30 range of temps, I'd want one a little taller.

Go here http://www.jaskowiak.cc/S40/ for pictures, after the first 4, it's on there.

2012 Victory Vision - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/vision
2006 Suzuki S40 - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/S40
WWW   IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #8 - 01/04/09 at 19:14:02

I put a Spitfire on mine. Just about right as far as coverage and looks go. Sometimes it would be nice to have a larger windscreen, but I learned on another bike that bigger isn't always better. The Spitfire does the job well enough, without being the first thing a person sees when they look at the bike. Price was right too. I think I paid about $75.

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #9 - 01/04/09 at 19:40:45

I have always had a big windshield,You don't have head buffing and aren't having to hold on so tight,much more relax ride. I like the looks of a big windshield,looks like it gos with the bike better.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
ero4444

weekender

Reply #10 - 01/05/09 at 09:58:44

I have the Suzuki sport shield, about 14" high over the headlight.  It takes the wind pressure off my chest. I got it with the bike, it is pretty similar to the Spitfire.

I suggest that you get a sheild that is is easily removable while leaving the mounts in place (the Suzuki shield is not removeable).

c2001, 3800miles, 3rd owner, adjusted idle, raised seat, Tkat brace, Raptor petcock, cleaned carb, replaced some jets, Dyna muffler, Fiamm horns, Shinkos, future Ed L. forward controls, fork boots.
  IP Logged
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Reply #11 - 01/05/09 at 12:50:28

I'm the happy owner of the NationalCycle Plexi shield. It's great on the highway. The difference in being out of the wind is amazing when you put in a 650 mile day several days in a row. And it goes down low enough to protect your knees and it covers your hands, double protection from wind chill.

Jack

IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #12 - 01/08/09 at 12:11:31

I added an OEM one in the fall of last year... It worked alright, a big difference from not having one at all to now.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
savage2k
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 01/08/09 at 19:58:04

I also have the Slipstreamer Spitfire windshield. It's not too bad, once you get the right angle.

IP Logged
EssForty

Sunshine, Surf &
Suzuki

Melbourne, FL
Reply #14 - 01/10/09 at 15:06:57

I have the Memphis Shades "Classic Deuce".  Very easy to install and good for taller riders.

06 S40, Deuce shield, OEM saddlebags & Engine Guard, ENM tach, Sigma 1106 Speedo, oil pressure & voltage gauges, grip puppies, Kuryakyn Ellipse mirrors, ISO pegs & throttle boss
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 19:33:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Suzuki Windshield

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.