Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Standard Riding Position (Read 266 times)
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Standard Riding Position
12/24/08 at 21:43:14

I originally posted this in the Cafe, but then I realized that it really belonged in this area.

I notice that there an awful lot of posts about moving the controls farther forward.  But as someone who prefers a standard riding position, I was wondering if anyone on this site has had any experience moving the controls on our thumper back.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Standard Riding Position
Reply #1 - 12/24/08 at 21:56:16

OHHHHH REally? Well now, If yer gonna make a moving target outta the thing, I guess Ill just have to keep on firing away, till I get a Hit..

Yea, thers a pic of one with the pegs moved back. Someone here will know it & show you, I hope. It is the One mod Id consider now. It looks challenging in the sense of needing decent tools for fabrication, but I think an angle grinder with a cut off disk would be a real good start.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 12/24/08 at 22:31:32

search cafe racer

WWW   IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #3 - 12/25/08 at 00:34:43

Also search: Mid Controls I hosted and posted another guys pictures in that thread a couple of weeks ago.

His original thread/topic should have gone into the tech section. He did a decent write up and pictures and nobody took any interest at the time.

IP Logged
Tincanman
Serious Thumper

O~`o

Omaha, NE
Reply #4 - 12/25/08 at 06:47:08

yup right here...................... its in there ..Rockin_John's the 5th post down...

http://catoosatrading.com/images/cycles/mid_control/

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1228069238/4#4

Are we gona ride? or just dic around all day?
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #5 - 12/28/08 at 16:03:04

There was another thread where someone had converted to mid-controls for his wife to ride.  She was less than 5' tall,  ( for some reason 4'8" comes to mind).    

He had created a bracket that goes under the bike and looked hidden and very professional. I tried to search for it several ways but it must have been in the Cafe and fell off the end.

I recall she didn't like the LS650 and they had sold it.

T Mack

EDIT:  Ok....looked at the "images" url above and that's the bike I was talking about.

« Last Edit: 12/28/08 at 17:26:34 by T Mack 1 - FSO »  

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #6 - 01/02/09 at 10:32:32

Just to wind this thread up:

The pictures hosted on my website are one's I saved when the thread was active. The member's name who built the mid-controls and posted the pictures and a nice "how-I-did it" was "Blues40." I've had no luck with my only couple of attempts to contact.

In the end he said that his wife had changed her mind and wanted to go back and get the Sportster she had checked out. He removed his control conversion from the S40 to sell it in stock form. Then he offered the controls for sale here on the marketplace. He didn't mention a price, but he only recommended them for lightweight riders, as I guess they had some flex in them if you stood up on them. I contacted him about buying them; but maybe he was afraid of liability issues; because he not only removed the post having them for sale, but he also removed the whole thread about building them altogether!!! I didn't save the text part of his post, so now all that remains is the pictures that I saved. I think his build was good, and the workmanship looked excellent; but perhaps they could have been made of stronger material or something.

Anyways, he proved it can be done, but he did comment that he wouldn't want to go through all the trouble again for love nor money or something to that effect!  Grin  As I recall, he also commented about the short seat height of the Savage making the new pegs mighty close to you; so long legs were really doubled up to reach back under your bottom!  Cheesy

IP Logged
rodeoman
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 01/02/09 at 22:48:51

I would buy a set if some would make them and seel them on here(if they were priced ok)!!!!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 09:38:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Standard Riding Position

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.