Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
handle bar and screaming eagle 2 question (Read 138 times)
rockman
YaBB Newbies

The airbrush
guy......WHO ATE MY
CHICKEN!!!

Houston Texas
handle bar and screaming eagle 2 question
12/19/08 at 19:37:29

Ok, I bought some cool handlebars from a Dyna glideHD. It was a little to adjust but I got the right side on.....front brake.mirror, accelerator......but does anyone know how to get more slack from the clutch cable? the left side is pretty tough so far!

2; I bought some screaming eagle 2 pipes from a fatbot HD, they fit good, but I need a clamp that can really tighten the darn thing pretty good. Does anyone have any clue on a good clamp?

It looks like it'll bolt on the frame where the old muffler was if you bend it down. But just in case, I'm getting a thick piece of metal and bolting it on that piece, and leaving a hole to bolt the muffler.
So if I do sell it, I can put the original exhaust back on.....

Thanks for the help guys. Grin

WWW   IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Re: handle bar and screaming eagle 2 question
Reply #1 - 12/19/08 at 19:49:54

As if those harley bars fit in your risers. I guess they were 1 inch diameter? Oh the mufflers are always fun. For a proper seal you really want more than just a clamp. The muffler will blue, it will look kinda poopie unles you like the look. It will have small leak with just the clamp. I coated my header with versachem hi-temp steel. Dried for a day, filed it down and slipped the muffler over it. Then I wrapped some aluminum tape over the the gaps on the muffler and covered it up with a 7inch heat shield. Some people use the aluminum tape or soda cans to fill in the muffler. My old stock muffler had aluminum tape as  muffler reducer. My muffler is fine, no discoloration. A bit of work though. But it was worth it as there is no leak what so ever.

IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 12/20/08 at 03:19:28

World did away with asbestos, but it was widely sold in reels and used for that purpose before. Isn't there a substitute? Woven fiberglass maybe?

There's also that ABRO high temp sylicone sealer. Apply thick to smaller pipe, let dry (bond) and then clamp larger OD over it. It may smoke a little at start, but won't give in. Won't leak either. Seen and done.

Mine is welded Smiley

IP Logged
rockman
YaBB Newbies

The airbrush
guy......WHO ATE MY
CHICKEN!!!

Houston Texas
Reply #3 - 12/20/08 at 04:20:42

Oh yea, the handlebars are the exact size! The only thing I had to do is drill a hole in the bars so the accerator will fit straight. The only problem I'm having is the clutch cable.......I need maybe half an inch...
The exhaust is a pain....the clamp it came with has this wierd spacer in the middle that you can not take off. If the spacer was off, it'll clamp down fine.....but, I think I might get everything together and get it tacked on.....that way the sucker is on! Wink

WWW   IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #4 - 12/20/08 at 07:09:43

Wow! If your clutch cable is coming up short for the bars to be positioned in the middle, those must be some wicked wide bars, or you have some tall risers!  I've never had to lengthen a clutch cable, even on the bike below with the 8" risers and 34" wide bars! Of course the cable routing has to be by the shortest path possible, but it reaches!

Oh... and mufflers? People pooh the idea, but the one I've got welded has been the least trouble of any!  Cheesy

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #5 - 12/20/08 at 10:32:00

Cobra Stainless T-Bolt Exhaust Clamps > $9

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 12/20/08 at 11:52:17

looks like what I've got (came with used supertrapp)

WWW   IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 12/20/08 at 12:49:10

These clamps I believe are called T bolt clamps. Or P bolt clamps, the guy that said it to me had a mouth full of skoal. Anyway, google it, or woalk down to you nearest industrial supply place and show off your knowledge. Just remember to be chewing tobbaccy so they cant hear ya right and then they hear what they want to hear. You will then get D bolt clamps.  Cheesy
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #8 - 12/20/08 at 14:24:37

They are indeed referred to industrially as "T-Bolt" clamps, and I've tightened a many of them upon the turbo, and other intake parts, of diesel engines rated up to 2500 HP!

And you better not munch that cud if you're working above me on the same truck; because the first person who dribbles that backky juice on me is getting a fat lip at the very least. (That last sentence was a common warning I gave the "dippers" when building these monsters):

Never got spat on. Not once in 16 years.

IP Logged
rockman
YaBB Newbies

The airbrush
guy......WHO ATE MY
CHICKEN!!!

Houston Texas
Reply #9 - 12/21/08 at 09:55:18

As Borat would say........"Great Success!".........The HD fatboy Eagles clamped on just fine with a T-bolt clamp. I use some aluminum tape on my exhaust and clamped it down.......WIFE SAID......HOLY crap.......THAT THING IS LOUD!
I had to fabricate a metal bolt cover to bolt on the frame where the old exhaust is and bolted the muffler down to that. The only reason I did that was just in case I sell the thing later in the road....I can put the stock pipe back on.
But if you bent the original exhaust frame piece down, you can use one of those holes and your own bolt........SO NO MODS NECESSARY!

These eagles were for an 07 HD fat Boy, and they clamp on a savage.......and darn did it wake the inner savage!!!

I think I might keep it for a LOOOOONGTIME! Grin

I'll have a vid up jut for fun!

But the fatboy handle bars were a little to wide, I have to get a longer clutch cable. It was off by 1/2 inch!
But it's as loud as my bro in laws VTX1800!!! I couldn't believe it!
Later suckas!! Wink

WWW   IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #10 - 12/21/08 at 18:18:09

If you haven't already.... remember to rejet the carb for the freer flowing exhaust....

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 12:28:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › handle bar and screaming eagle 2 question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.