Send Topic Print
Saddlebags (Read 199 times)
Evil Burrito
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Saddlebags
12/10/08 at 10:27:29

I recently got a 2000 savage ls650 (my 1st bike). I was wondering if anyone could recommend some large to very large saddlebags that are easy to install. I would be using them to make deliveries for the restaurant I work for if that makes any difference.

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: Saddlebags
Reply #1 - 12/10/08 at 11:43:59

I have Leatherlyke hard bags, lockable, easily removable, 20 pounds / 18 quart capacity each, $450 a pair which I sincerely doubt you'll go for.

For making the Savage into a delivery van I would probably go with a couple of hard boxes, like what they used to have us to our recyclables in, something around 15" x 20" long x 12" high.  Make a bracket to attach to the bike, probably have a smaller container replacing the rear seat.  If you can imagin it you can probably do it.

WWW   IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #2 - 12/10/08 at 17:53:48

food delivery..Hummm...pizzas? steak and spuds? etc..etc..
must(should) be horizontal... Roll Eyes
large back rack.....
saddle bags not deep(from fender out) enuff for most food containers....san sakO mickey Ds

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #3 - 12/12/08 at 06:52:45

Horizontal.... would need a decent rack....  like my modified Honda rack.   Then make a box to mount to it.  Have the box be removeable for "fun" rides.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Chong Kim
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SantaFe, NM
Reply #4 - 12/12/08 at 07:16:38

If you recently got your first bike and are not a very experienced rider, I would not advise that you make ANY deliveries for work. In fact, if you were my employee, I would not allow it at all.

Motorcycling is dangerous enough without having to worry about meeting delivery timelines, negotiating through traffic while not fully concentrating on riding, and being in potentially unfamiliar neighborhoods. There is no way as an employer that I would pick up the kind of liability you are asking for.

This isn't Korea or Vietnam, and there are other, safer options. Save your bike for getting to work and for riding for pleasure. Not for being a motorcycle courier - at least until you have MUCH more experience.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 00:32:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Saddlebags

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.