Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
motorcycle lift for shop (Read 245 times)
zulufu2
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

motorcycle lift for shop
12/10/08 at 05:23:14

Help--with my crushed vertabrae from a motocross crash, bad knees and hip from old age, rolling around on my shop floor to work on my bike has lost its allure.  Does anyone have a line on a lift like the shops have that doesn't break the ole piggy bank???

IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Re: motorcycle lift for shop
Reply #1 - 12/10/08 at 07:48:19

FSO
  IP Logged
Flemming from Denmark
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 12/10/08 at 13:41:32

I have one of these - 99$ - and aprox the same crushed body as you Smiley It's a very great help, and it can be rather high so you can sit comfortably .

IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #3 - 12/10/08 at 17:33:02

I've seen them up here for just over $100 cdn. at Canadian Tire. Sears also carried a similar lift. It's on my short list of motorcycle things to get.  It matches the qualificatins of not horrendously expensive, and is actually worthwhile getting.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #4 - 12/10/08 at 20:37:14

I have the Harbor freight lift in my shop and it is a great lift for the money. It was only #200 when I got it. Nice drop out panel in the back end makes tire changing easy. I put a PU or trailer bed front wheel chock  on the front end to replace the cheesy front wheel stop. Still use tie downs but is very secure that way. I also have a Handy version, the one many shops use and the front wheel (or rear) clamp the tire/wheel tight enough I don't feel the need to use tie down. It was $600 when I got it and I did order the ATV extenders at the same time so it was a chunk of $. Have used it lots and even was able to lift my side before it was re-rigged and a Kawasaki MULE 1000. It is air operated vs the hydraulics of the Harbor Freight version. There are also plans available from AFAB (email plans @afabonline.com Ph 4805755677 to build you won (or have it built for you) and BigMaxx Company in OH makes a rail style rather than platform. Happy shopping and deciding, MAx

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 12/10/08 at 21:46:44

& for the really tight budget, ther's always a rope & a come along. Thoough, the "warning" on all come alongs states"Only for pulling, not for lifting". I do as I please & takes my chances. Just be aware. If I had everything I want, I'd have one O those Harbor Freight lifts.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MickeyX
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 12/21/08 at 18:22:17

You can try http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/bikelift.htm . I know a few people who have done this. I'm planning on building one for mine within a few weeks, when the snow lets up a bit. The best part, it's under $20. I'd call that a stocking stuffer for yourself.  Smiley

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #7 - 12/21/08 at 19:47:16

MickeyX I made one it really works good,Bikes up in about 10 seconds

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 12/22/08 at 05:56:31

Thats still pretty much on the ground. I have milk crate Ive padded & stuck casters on. I can roll around the bike, sitting.You can buy those seats that are much more comfy.
I also use old blankets to lay on, to keep the concrete from causing me too much discomfort.Even cardboard makes a decent Po'Boy Creeper.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:16:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › motorcycle lift for shop

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.